THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks for the kind comments everyone! You're a sweet group of friends. :cool:

Jeanie I've never had beef shank. Is that something you stock up on or are they from your own cows?

I got these from my butcher. I called him about getting some picanha, he said he would have it ready for me on my next trip to town. I picked up the package the other day and when I reached home, I discovered shanks...not picanha. :laugh: His helper gave me the wrong box. :grin:

Those shanks look great. Gunna have to try them on the drum. Usually do with Instapot.
How long did they cook?
I let these go for around 6 1/2 hrs. The drum was chugging along at 275F. I just let them cook til tender. I bet your instapot shanks are delicious!
Thanks! :grin:

All that rendered marrow. Looks melt in your mouth, delicious.
It was my favorite part, Erik! lol I kept a close eye on the marrow, so it wouldn't disappear to far down into the pot. Thanks Erik!

I've been busy as all git out...
But I have no calves, or chicks, or ducklings...

Maybe I'm just getting old.

Good eats, Jeanie. Good eats.

Thanks Craig! I bet you keep busy enough! Hope you're having a good spring! :grin:

Shanks are looking good. Been out on any turkey's this spring? Numbers down in general, but I've still got quite a few...

I love how this is your "too busy to cook" meal.

Looks amazing!

Thanks Nick! Sometimes cooking in the drum feels like using a crock pot. Set it and forget it. :razz:

Shanks are looking good. Been out on any turkey's this spring? Numbers down in general, but I've still got quite a few...
Thanks Kevin! I haven't been hunting them...but there are several turkeys roosting in the trees by the house. Hope you've had a good season! :grin:

Shiner! I could use one or two right about now. lol Thanks Adams!

Back