Another Pambazo

Sometimes the journey is a rewarding as the destination.

I hear ya. I have a few sandwiches that are very time consuming to prep. I don't make them often for that reason. But sometimes i get that craving and theres no other way to get that type of sandwich without making it from scratch.

Thanks for the kind comments Friends. My Quote button isn't working correctly or I'd thank each of you! Even though I'm told it drives some members crazy. :laugh:

Your pantry of ingredients never ceases to amazing me. Salvadorian cream? I wouldn't even know what store to find that at! :laugh:
Not my pantry... out of the 4 grocery stores I frequent, 3 carry Salvadorian sour cream! Times are changin"..

I've never had (or heard of) one of these, but I'm all in.

Seen any good deer yet? We've got a few nice ones on camera. Hoping to get a nice first-bow buck for my grandson. Good luck to y'all out west.

Thanks Kevin! I really like the original Pambazo, but heck, the fillings are endless! :grin:
I've noticed a few deer from my front porch, living room window and when I'm out doing chores. They're starting to move around.
That's great about your grandson hunting!! Best of luck to both of you!! :grin:

That is another awesome and unique cook in the books. You worried me in the beginning when you said these are traditionally made with beans. Now you are going to start a whole new debate: Pambazo- beans or no beans :laugh:

Thanks Ron!
Thanks for the laugh too!! :laugh:

Fabulous cook as always Ms. Jeanie, now I might have to change my lunch plans...

I've tried Mexican crema in the past and didn't really care for it. But a Google search showed that even Mexicans preferred the Salvadoran crema as it's more sour. Sounds like the Cacique brand is a favorite among many. My local Mexi-Mart has five different brands. What brand of Salvadoran crema do you prefer?

Thanks Andy!
Heck, I took a pic of the Salvadorian sour cream for you and can't get it downloaded onto my puter.
There is "Table cream" and " Sour cream". They are pretty different in texture and taste. This Salvadorian sour cream is from Mama Lycha.
https://www.mamalycha.com/products/sour-cream-salvadorena
It's dark and buttery but still has a small twang like sour cream. I use it on all hispanic foods, baked tatoes, in casseroles, on nachos, eggs... heck I eat it with a spoon. lol
I have not tried the Cacique brand, I have no idea if it is good. I have tried their table cream.. it is ok.

Sorry I can't be of more help, If I could send some to ya, I would. lol

Last edited:
I have made/eaten some pretty grand sandwiches in my time.

That, my friend, takes it to a whole new level.

And I'd expect nothing less. Points!

I have made/eaten some pretty grand sandwiches in my time.

That, my friend, takes it to a whole new level.

And I'd expect nothing less. Points!

Thanks Friend! :grin:
Dippin' the rolls in sauce, then crisping them up a bit, really adds to the whole sandwich. I know Pambazos have traditional ingredients, but IMO any filling is fair game when it comes to building your own sandwich. :laugh:
Good to see ya, Craig. Hope all is well in Kansas! :grin:

Back