Venison Shanks

Another epic post from start to finish, Jeanie... I can only imagine how great the shank tasted!

The cook looks great, and the third photo really shows the leanness of the meat.

Thanks! Those were the backstraps. I butterflied some steaks and left a few "roasts" to cook whole. :grin:

Another epic post from start to finish, Jeanie... I can only imagine how great the shank tasted!
Thanks so much Mongo! I think the shank might be my favorite part of the deer now. I still like tenderloin and backstrap though...
Hope you have a great weekend! :grin:

Looks and sounds fantastic which is the Norm for you Jeanie. I do enjoy your posts
Very kind of you George!! Thank you! :grin:

Jeanie,

This is homecooking on a whole 'nother level - I can see a lot of love went into this meal from start to finish, and it sure shows! Wish I could have tasted some...

Jeanie,

This is homecooking on a whole 'nother level - I can see a lot of love went into this meal from start to finish, and it sure shows! Wish I could have tasted some...

Thanks Richard! I'm puttin' the venison to good use. Have a pot of chili going today. :grin:

Back