In Memoriam: R.I.P. Bubba Keg, You Will be Missed!

Well, Brother Bo, you should sell the account of the "Bubba Keg Caper" to Weight Watchers so they can use it as a handout with their welcome package. It sure took my appetite away. I might not eat anything tomorrow, either. Talk about an appetite suppressant. I can't get the images out of my mind.

You might hang a burning disk of sulfur(from winemakers shop) on a wire at the end of a long stick in there and close it up. It will smell like Hell itself, but not like rotten meat, and anything inside will be dead. You'll want to stay away from the fumes. If the neighbors complain, tell them it's a minor demon summoning.

Or, You might go "silence of the lambs" and rub vicks on your lip to get close enough to dump some burning charcoal under there.

Well now, this makes sense, although I and others might have opted to burn the infected unit out with a vicious high heat using a combination of dense lump and wood splits that would remove all traces, both physically and psychically of the nasty little critters you found crawling around in your cooker. But then again, that's easy for me to say since I didn't experience what you did.

So...since you finally spilled the beans, how do you plan to give the keg a proper burial?

Will it go deep into the earth from which it originally came, or do you have something more dramatic in mind, perhaps involving explosives or some kind of incendiary device?

What about sending it back in time? :confused:

No, no, forget about that. Don't even think about doing it. :shock:

Well FINAlLY we have the so called "story" of this keg's demise. I wonder just how much your want and desire for a "NEW" smoker influenced this particular incident? just sayin'

I hope you use the paddles on me if you think I'm going to kick the bucket, instead just parting me out! Suck it up, its BBQ, clean it up really good, season it again, grab a cold one, and continue on with your life. You'll laugh about this someday, tell your grand kids about how you almost lost a dear friend.
PS. Don't tell them about almost parting him out......eeeek.
Good luck

A garden sprayer, about a half gallon of Clorox, and a water hose. I don't know how one of those are made, but open the bottom vents and stick the hose in the top vent. Flush all the fresh water you can through it. Then spray the Clorox in it till it's soaked and dripping out the bottom. Fill it up and flush it a few more times. Then you can dismantle and completely clean it with out the smell. Maybe a little Clorox for the eyes to help with the images.

But I do understand smells, feels, and looks, and can see your reasoning. I wished I lived closer, I would clean it for you....or "dispose" of it.

Bo.. you listen here, and you listen good!

That Bubba Keg still needs you!

BK is saying cleanse me with FIRE!!! Purify me of YOUR sins!

Hook up an air source of some kind like a hairdryer or a fan you can direct the air into the bottom vent.

Get her up to 900+ degrees and all will be fire-washed to a cleansed perfection.

You CAN DO THIS!!!!!

Don't end it's smoking life prematurely! If you don't wanna clean Bubba up at least give him to someone who will. If I lived close to you I'd come get it maggots and all and do what the folks here have mentioned to sanitize it and burn it out.
From what I understand that's a $7-800 smoker! He deserves respect. Don't treat him like a cheap throw away grill! :shock:

Back