THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm guessing you already threw it away?

I understand the lingering shock from the maggot touch though. I've had my share of those between dealing with customers' houses and while I was young I worked in a BBQ restaurant that had waaaay too many kids involved in cleanup and disposal.

Suck it up Buttercup, finish cleaning it then reburn w/ a high heat cook then start a reseason cook. :p

On a side note - you a ODU fan? I'm a UAB so looking forward to renewing our old battles from the Great Midwest days. If you come to the Ham look me up as I'm at most home football games & a few of the home bball games.

Don't judge me! :p There is maggot infected juice all the way in the bottom of the keg. No way I can get enough heat down there to fix it. Besides, if I were to cook on it now, all I'd think about is the stench and the maggots. Nope, my Bubba Keg is lost.

I actually completely understand. I had a similar (but way less dramatic) experience. I use a poop scooper to clean out my uds. The first one I bought was used by my wife to pick up after the dog. Even though it was brand new, I couldn't stomach the thought of using it in the drum again, no matter how clean it was. Ordered a new one.

I guess I am on the fence. I can understand every time you look at it, your stomach is gonna jump. The other side, I am sure a good cleaning and a burn would clean it up. Hell, clean it up, hire someone if you have to, and put it on CL.

I guess I am on the fence. I can understand every time you look at it, your stomach is gonna jump. The other side, I am sure a good cleaning and a burn would clean it up. Hell, clean it up, hire someone if you have to, and put it on CL.

I'm not sure if the law requires disclosure on something like that.

Back