THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ohh...ya got me in a corner. Not sure how to answer that....."officially" (which isn't my place).

But my personal answer is that it would not be a fatty.
When it comes to adding a bunch of spices, herbs, and veggies to the ground meat, and then mixing the meat, you now have yourself a meatloaf. Regardless of how it's cooked, where it's cooked, or what type of meat it is.

There are fine lines here, and my personal opinions means nothing. But that's not a fatty in my (very) humble opinion. What you describe sounds very tasty, and one of these days I'll make one. But I'd serve it as a smoked meatloaf. The word "fatty" would not come out of my mouth.

Ohh...ya got me in a corner. Not sure how to answer that....."officially" (which isn't my place).

But my personal answer is that it would not be a fatty.
When it comes to adding a bunch of spices, herbs, and veggies to the ground meat, and then mixing the meat, you now have yourself a meatloaf. Regardless of how it's cooked, where it's cooked, or what type of meat it is.

There are fine lines here, and my personal opinions means nothing. But that's not a fatty in my (very) humble opinion. What you describe sounds very tasty, and one of these days I'll make one. But I'd serve it as a smoked meatloaf. The word "fatty" would not come out of my mouth.
Does a true fatty have to be pork or just some arbitrary minimum fat content?

Is a duck fatty possible?

Just wanna know the boundaries of what is considered a 'fatty' before constructing something awesome :twisted:

Don't worry, the boundaries are almost unlimited. It can be a fatty as long as it is based, or is a variation of the original fatty, the sausage chub. So in that sense your concoction is a meatloaf fatty or a fatty loaf rather than just a pure fatty. And as with boundaries, they can always be redrawn. So don't worry, be happy, and go smoke a fatty! :thumb:

Just wanna know the boundaries of what is considered a 'fatty' before constructing something awesome :twisted:
Push the boundaries and call it something catchy. Then 10 years from now, someone will be coming here asking us to define the "food4thot" genius meat!

I wouldn't call them fatties, but I made 2 Shawarma's . They sure looked like fatties. If you like euro's, you should try making/smoking some.

Back