A fatty for my little Daisy

I m not worthy, I'm not worthy. Just kidding looks awesome. That is one tight weave! Me thinks thou art a perfectionist.

It that's not creative, I don't know what is. Outstanding James!

Killer presentation. :thumb:

Thanks for the warm reception to all the fatty treats. I wish more of y'all were around to partake in the taste test...then maybe I wouldn't have to eat so many of them!

I m not worthy, I'm not worthy. Just kidding looks awesome. That is one tight weave! Me thinks thou art a perfectionist.

It's the magic of meat glue making that bacon weave nice and tight!

I've never eaten a fatty or seen one other than on this site, was thinking I'll make one or two after I get my smoker. Now you gone and done this, how the heck am I going to make anything close to your work's of art:mmph:

I've never eaten a fatty or seen one other than on this site, was thinking I'll make one or two after I get my smoker. Now you gone and done this, how the heck am I going to make anything close to your work's of art:mmph:

Thanks! Actually I still prefer a neckid fatty straight-up. You ought to cook one on your cooker's maiden voyage. Breakfast sausage won't ever be the same!

It's really too bad you don't have fun and enjoy cooking. :tsk:

Love it, brother. A truly creative work of art.

Hope the kids (of all ages) devoured it.

Thanks for the crazy ideas and links to other neat stuff.

It's really too bad you don't have fun and enjoy cooking. :tsk:

Love it, brother. A truly creative work of art.

Hope the kids (of all ages) devoured it.

Thanks for the crazy ideas and links to other neat stuff.

Thanks! Everyone did indeed partake in the destruction of this platter. Unfortunately, the biggest kid of all did the most damage...ME. Oooof. :doh:

every time i show my wife one of these kinds of posts, i get permission to try new stuff. this looks like it was a blast and the results look second to none. thanks for sharing your creativity, and giving us (my wife & i) inspiration for our own.

every time i show my wife one of these kinds of posts, i get permission to try new stuff. this looks like it was a blast and the results look second to none. thanks for sharing your creativity, and giving us (my wife & i) inspiration for our own.

Well that is probably the greatest compliment of all...aside from my kids actually eating what I cook. If seeing my stuff makes you go out and try something different, then everything has really come full circle for me here with the Brethren. It's only through countless hours of lurking and learning from the amazing cooks here that I worked up my own courage to think out-of-the-box a bit and share the results with the Brethren crowd. I have a newfound love of farking with food. LOL.

Anyways, take advantage of the inspiration every time it strikes you, especially with your wife's blessing. My wife is slowly coming around and accepting my "obsession". Thanks again, and keep on cooking!

Me, I'm still working on the mind over matter angle for my first beef tongue!

Back