A fatty for my little Daisy

Beautiful cook James!!
Almost a fatty sushi too! :thumb: :becky:

Thanks Jeanie! Actually your comment about sushi reminded me about something I forgot to mention originally. One of the best kitchen tools I have found to make nice tight fatties is a bamboo sushi roller like this:

bamboo_mat_250.jpg

It makes rolling a nice even and tightly packed fatty a piece of cake! I found one at my local asian food store for $1.29.

Who knew that well-adorned and au naturel fatties could be so family friendly! Amazing work!

Just incredible pictures. Some questions. How long did you presmoke the fatties before wrapping the breakfast sausages? Next, how did you de-bone the ribs so cleanly?

Thanks,

Robert

Just incredible pictures. Some questions. How long did you presmoke the fatties before wrapping the breakfast sausages? Next, how did you de-bone the ribs so cleanly?

Deboning the pork ribs is an easier task then you would think. Once you cut through the membrane overlying the bones, you can more or less peel the meat off the bone with firm even pressure.

The flower fatty was smoked a total of 4 separate times. Each smoke was about an hour at around 300F.

1. Smoke breakfast links
2. Wrap bundled links with sausage and smoke
3. Put on second layer of sausage and smoke
4. Wrap in bacon-weave and smoke

Deboning the pork ribs is an easier task then you would think. Once you cut through the membrane overlying the bones, you can more or less peel the meat off the bone with firm even pressure.

The flower fatty was smoked a total of 4 separate times. Each smoke was about an hour at around 300F.

1. Smoke breakfast links
2. Wrap bundled links with sausage and smoke
3. Put on second layer of sausage and smoke
4. Wrap in bacon-weave and smoke

Thanks for the info. Pics were just incredible and everything looks great. I really want to try the flower fatty.

Robert

Thanks for the info. Pics were just incredible and everything looks great. I really want to try the flower fatty.

Robert

Hey Robert! Definitely give the stuffed fatty a try...any way it turns out will be super smoked sausage delicious! Btw, shout out to you over there in Springdale...I'm from Little Rock...been in Cali exactly 20 yrs now, but still make it back every now and then! Woo pig soooie! Go Razorbacks!

Back