I'm Building a Pizza Oven...

Looking good!

Perlite in the cement again?

Thank you and yes. I went with the same recipe. Good insulation all around.

After I had the top framed out it went pretty smooth. Got the rough edges knocked off the bricks and smoothed them out before laying them in place. I don't have a grinder or polisher so I used 60 grit sandpaper on my hand sander and it worked pretty well.

I'll mount up the dome and chimney stack next weekend and start firing this thing. The dome has been curing since October but I'll wait one more weekend (maybe 2) before I stucco over the oven. I want to get 4 or 5 fires in there before I seal it up.

Almost time for pizza!

It was amazing looking at the work in progress for this project. Fantastic job and can't wait to see the final pics!!!!

Awesome work!!
I built a permanent WFO a few years back but if I had to do it again I would go with the mold and perlite/concrete method as you did. I went the whole 9 yards with my build and used fire bricks, ceramic boards, ceramic blanket, perlite/concrete, stucco, concrete, and rebars. My entire build thread is at Forno Bravo.

Awesome work!!
I built a permanent WFO a few years back but if I had to do it again I would go with the mold and perlite/concrete method as you did. I went the whole 9 yards with my build and used fire bricks, ceramic boards, ceramic blanket, perlite/concrete, stucco, concrete, and rebars. My entire build thread is at Forno Bravo.

Thanks everyone! The stand and base are bigger than I imagined but I'm pretty happy with it.

Carbon, that's interesting. I'd love to see your oven and I'm curious with your set up why you would one like mine. Its usually the opposite. The size will work great for us though. We're a family of 3 and don't get the chance to entertain much. Can't wait to see what I can cook in this thing.

Back