I did it... I did it....finally got me a cooker!!!!!

Paul - you are the person that most would assume would have the biggest, best smoker imaginable. But the brethren and sistren know who you are, and the selfless acts you are so prone to for the benefit of others. All I can say is that is obvious to all that you were raised by a great family, and that you, your wife, sons and crew set a fine example for anyone who is in need of one. I can't think of anyone who deserves a fine cooker more than you.!

Awesome job! Looks like a very manageable smoker. Are you going to add wheels to the bottom so that when you flip it up you can roll it around? Did you use wood or charcoal? Can't wait to see the video! Merry Christmas Paul!

Yes it will have wheels and you can run down the highway with it... Couple of addons and I will be ready to blast and paint...use charcoal to start then took wood splits and cut them down with my chop saw..... There will be a 24x48 version also.... Tyler actually has one..

Paul - you are the person that most would assume would have the biggest, best smoker imaginable. But the brethren and sistren know who you are, and the selfless acts you are so prone to for the benefit of others. All I can say is that is obvious to all that you were raised by a great family, and that you, your wife, sons and crew set a fine example for anyone who is in need of one. I can't think of anyone who deserves a fine cooker more than you.!

Speechless..... Thx for the kind words.... Merry Christmas....

OK...I missed this thread in December. Was just starting to walk again after partially severing my left Achilles. Was unable to stand/walk and Q for several months and was in no mood to see everyone else having all the fun so I steered clear of the forum.
I have been wanting a space saver trailer rig...and now I see this beautiful creature! :eusa_clap Are these going to be made available to the Brethren?! Is there a video of this thing in action? I may need to hang onto my Smokehouse $$$ for a bit and see.

Out of curiosity, and pardon my ignorance, could someone enlighten me on the function of the damper in the cc door? Can't recall ever seeing one on any cabinet I've seen in the past.

Out of curiosity, and pardon my ignorance, could someone enlighten me on the function of the damper in the cc door? Can't recall ever seeing one on any cabinet I've seen in the past.

For high heat grilling in the main chamber.

I think...

For high heat grilling in the main chamber.

I think...

Yep. You can use it for grilling, that damper is for making the cook chamber into a grill. it also works well as a santa maria style cooker like that... coals on bottom, move the grill to the top shelf for slow roasting, move the grate to the bottom rack for searing

Yep. You can use it for grilling, that damper is for making the cook chamber into a grill. it also works well as a santa maria style cooker like that... coals on bottom, move the grill to the top shelf for slow roasting, move the grate to the bottom rack for searing

I have the same thing on my warmer and it works like a champ!!

Back