Meadow Creek Chicken Cooker

creek bottom

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Joe
So, I did an inaugural run on my new (to me) Medow Creek BBQ chicken cooker yesterday. 24 chicken halves (12 per rack) seasoned with Oakridge Competition Chicken & Pork rub. Bag of B & B briquettes in each section. 1 1/2 hours and everything was temping at 180. Some of the juiciest, most flavorful chicken I've ever had. I was cooking for a family dinner to celebrate my son-in-law's birthday. Everybody ranted and raved about how good the chicken was. I learned a few things, this being the first time using it, but I have to say, this thing ROCKS!!!
Sorry I don't have more pics, but my buddy and me had to get the chicken to the family and we MAY have had a couple of adult beverages...:grin:

Attachments

• chic cooker1.jpg
    chic cooker1.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 225
  • chic cooker2.jpg
    chic cooker2.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 224
I've kicked around the idea of getting one of the small ones or popping for a trailer smoker with one of these added on. it's well beyond my budget but it's nice to dream !!! :D

Thanks Willy!!! I was actually looking for a decent basting recipe since I picked this up last week. This one sounds fantastic! Definitely going to give this a try! Thanks again, much appreciated!

Thanks Willy!!! I was actually looking for a decent basting recipe since I picked this up last week. This one sounds fantastic! Definitely going to give this a try! Thanks again, much appreciated!

i have to giggle a touch cuz I followed that link also and saw you were like the 3rd or 4th comment on it :mrgreen::mrgreen:

I’ve re discovered my love for thighs. Country boy style with a weber vortex and when done dusting them with kosmos wing dust ....simple I know but the vortex high heat really does a job on the skin......

I’ve re discovered my love for thighs. Country boy style with a weber vortex and when done dusting them with kosmos wing dust ....simple I know but the vortex high heat really does a job on the skin......

I do the same. Thighs on the Weber with the Vortex are fantastic! I do cooking for parties and such, so I purchased this cooker for those. My A1 Competition Smoker just doesn't turn out good chicken...

I have a Meadow Creek BBQ 42 mounted on my trailer. Could be my favorite piece of cooking equipment.

Nothing lets out a cooking aroma like that thing....awesome.

Last edited:
Back