How to make Great Turkeys on The Big Easy Oil less Fryer.

In the pot!

hA26EzA.jpg

liU7ev4.jpg

Looks like a breast enhancement to me....

Finally Bird injected and ready for the Morning! Going to brush it with OO and sprinkle some Tony's on top. More pic's to follow.

cs7i2xf.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Looks good Mike, Happy Thanksgiving .

I will be putting my capon in my TBE within the next hour.

Last edited:
Well it is in TBE Trussed but not the best job Vegetable oil brushed on Raised about 2" from the bottom Ran it for 15 min before putting the bird in We shall see Unfortunately there will not be pics

My Big Easy let me down. Not sure if I have a regulator issue or if it was the wind, but I had it pretty well blocked off. At the 2 hour mark, it barely made it to 100 degrees in the breat, and the thigh wasn't that close, so I pulled it out and went to my reverse flow stick burner that was already running for 2 hams and a Harvest Brine turkey. Turned out great that way, and actually better than the Big Easy test bird a couple of weeks ago, that I had no issue with the cooker. May do this again, lol...

My Big Easy let me down. Not sure if I have a regulator issue or if it was the wind, but I had it pretty well blocked off. At the 2 hour mark, it barely made it to 100 degrees in the breast, and the thigh wasn't that close, so I pulled it out and went to my reverse flow stick burner that was already running for 2 hams and a Harvest Brine turkey. Turned out great that way, and actually better than the Big Easy test bird a couple of weeks ago, that I had no issue with the cooker. May do this again, lol...

Might also be the propane bottle with the new safety valves. They have to be level to properly operate. Also if the bottle hasn't been connected for some time, turn it on for a moment to bleed the air from the lines, turn off the TBE valve, then turn off the bottle valve. Then reopen the bottle valve while propane pressure is still in the TBE hoses. The flame should be completely blue with only a small white tip. Repeat the above process if needed to get the blue flame.

I've cooked with howling winds in snowstorms and have had no problems with perfect poultry, sometimes even ahead of schedule. You can also adjust your burner control valve for more/less heat, but I'm sure you tried that.

Good luck on your next attempt......

I did two birds yesterday for a large group using two techniques I’ve never used before but thanks to the Big Easy they both came out great! I let the Big Easy bird go a little too long with the cover so it doesn’t look as pretty as it should but tasted incredible, the drippings made the best gravy too. The real star of the show though was the Cajun smoked bird I did on the Camp Chef, wow. Thanks to all on this thread that motivated me to get a Big Easy!

Last edited:
Wow, some Great birds! I've had some birds start off slow on a windy day. One in very cold windy weather took 3.45 to get done but it turned out great.

Back