How to make Great Turkeys on The Big Easy Oil less Fryer.

Also pan options for the Big Easy

I ordered pans and they arrived yesterday, I tried a fitting before I clean the dust off of "The Big Easy".

The 1/4 size 2" steam table pan fits perfectly....
2%20inch%20pan_zpstyscilpd.jpg

2%20inch%20pan%20a_zpscwx4qfij.jpg

I also found that a 1/3 size 4" deep pan will replace the pan holder altogether and give you a deeper pan.
4%20inch%20pan_zpsfl8qqmmk.jpg

And for those who like disposable pan options, they make 1/3 size 4" deep foil pans that will nest nicely inside the stainless steel 1/3 size steam table pan.

4%20inch%20pan%20b_zpskfp2tplz.jpg

Is there a website for these pans The pan in TBE is pretty shallow for all of the potential grease

For those that have used TBE do you usually ice the Breast first I have had great success with this for both the oven and The Egg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Is there a website for these pans The pan in TBE is pretty shallow for all of the potential grease

In the end, I like the 4" deep 1/3 size pan. It rests directly on the floor/table and completely replaces the pull out tray. You can also insert the foil pans inside the stainless pan for a no-clean situation.

1/4 size pan 2" deep - https://www.webstaurantstore.com/vol.../92290452.html

1/3 size 4" deep - https://www.webstaurantstore.com/cho...p/4070349.html

1/3 size foil pans to fit inside the above pan - https://www.webstaurantstore.com/1-3.../99952001.html

I also updated the post to show the pictures...
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3402534&postcount=73

Last edited:
Thanks I got the 4" deep and the Aluminum insert last week It seems safer to catch all the drippings How long do you let the Turkey rest when done The Kitchen on the Cooking Channel said 1 to 2 hrs That seems a bit long Looking forward to Thursday Supposed to be around 44 Not looking windy or rain at this point

For those that have used TBE do you usually ice the Breast first I have had great success with this for both the oven and The Egg

Are you doing this with TBE too
and what is the rest period I always did about 20 min before carving/butchering the Bird The cooking channel- The Kitchen said 2 hrs which to me seems a bit long

Last edited:
Last edited:
I am re seasoning my Big easy in the AM sitting in Fridge with Harvest Brine and wrapped in saran wrap Brine went on about 7P last night Will unwrap tomorrow and let it sit in fridge for about 4-5 hrs uncovered Plan to truss the birds Its about 15lbs with the neck and innards out :Looking forward to trying this out

I pulled my birds out of the brine this morning & still on the fence whether I should inject tonight or wait until tomorrow. Any benefit of injecting overnight?

I've tried it both ways over the years. Deep fried in oil, can't tell a difference. In TBE, the flavor seems to spread throughout the bird better.

$7 bird is whipping me tonight!

YP46M2k.jpg

LuzziAnn bought it frozen 4 days ago and we put it in the fridge to thaw. That thing was still hard when I pulled it out!

Got it in a cold water bath. Been going for over an hour now but I want to practice safe rules. Luckily Many cold beers laid in so I can wait it out.

lVcaQUq.jpg

Going to inject tonight and put it on early tomorrow to be done by noon. Fun times!

Heck no although probe placement in the deepest part of the breast is important.

Going to use my Guru Temp probe to monitor the temp of the Turkey

On edit, Yes, about 1hr to two depending on when it's being sliced. It stays juicy up to 3 with no congealed peanut oil to worry about.

If you let it rest that long how do you keep the meat hot I always thought 20 min is good

Heck no although probe placement in the deepest part of the breast is important.

Going to use my Guru Temp probe to monitor the temp of the Turkey

On edit, Yes, about 1hr to two depending on when it's being sliced. It stays juicy up to 3 with no congealed peanut oil to worry about.

If you let it rest that long how do you keep the meat hot I always thought 20 min is good.

Once I put the bird out, it don't last 20 mins. :becky:

Nice prep Mike Hey my wife- Kay read on the Charbroil site not to use OO It suggested Canola or Vegetable Oil Plan to unwrap the Bird from the dry brine soon and let it sit Plan to put it in TBE around 3PM

Back