THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wife and kids won't let me do anything but deep fry anymore. I inject with Tony C's Creole Butter the night before and fry him up. This year I'm also going to do a double smoked ham as well.

If I get to do one ( working nightshift on thanksgiving) I will do it like the last two years. Brine with 1/2 cup season salt 1/2 cup sea salt and 1cup sugar. Then spatchcocked and drum cooked.

Always do a Honey Rosemary Brine overnight. Then an compound herb butter under skin before going on the WSM with Kingsford Comp and a chunk of apple wood.
Cook about 325-350....goes pretty quick.

I will cook as usual, stuffed with sage stuffing and indirect on the gasser with smoking pecan chips.

The wife will roast a breast in the oven. I have deep fried for many years, but this year I'm going to brine in buttermilk and smoke with a rub of butter, garlic and rub, mixed and slathered. Recipe from another site.

I'll be doing the oiless fryer bird. :thumb:

I may hang one sometime in the next month but it won't be a Thanksgiving bird.....

Last edited:
Haven't really decided yet.

If I just do one, I'll probably do it on the UDS. Maybe the LBGE.

If I have others who ask me to do one for them (hey....it's happened), then I'll fire up the gravity feed and load it up as needed.

I've done turkeys on both the UDS and BGE and have loved the results on both.

The wife will roast a breast in the oven. I have deep fried for many years, but this year I'm going to brine in buttermilk and smoke with a rub of butter, garlic and rub, mixed and slathered. Recipe from another site.

Care to share that recipe? Brine in buttermilk eh? Interesting!

No one is boiling this year?

Oil-less Big Easy Cajun fried.

169g5ev.jpg

Back