The Science Behind Why Frequently Flipping Your Steaks Makes Them Better AND Tastier! You’ll Never Cook Steaks the Way You Used to After You Try This!

Richard thanks Will have to give this a try

Thanks, George. I've never eaten a ribeye so quickly, it was so delicious...except the first time I cooked them this way a week earlier! I hope you'll give it a try very soon so you can experience what a really good crusty, smoky, juicy steak can do for you. :hungry:

I'm thinking about getting a chest freezer and filling them with 3/4 inch ribeyes and cooking them every week. Naturally, I'll post a corresponding cook thread here each and every week as well. :thumb:

Does this method only work with ribeyes? I have a thin T-Bone in the freezer...

Andy, I'm sure you'll be fine and will get great results if the steak is exactly 3/4 inch thick, you use the exact same seasonings as I did, and you cook over a hot briquette fire on a green Weber kettle, with roughly 10-12 flips.

I never was good at science, and have a question. If fleaking yields better results due to the number of flips involved, would a stake that was continually fleaked yield better results than the frequent fleak?

I did not see where you mentioned clicking the tongs twice between each flip. How can you expect me to take you seriously as a scientist if you don't mention clicking the tongs? :noidea:

Gore, you bring up a valid point indeed, but there is nothing evident in my post that inferred I did not click my tongs twice between each flip, either.

Nonetheless, I believe a duplicate cook thread by a more seasoned science team such as yourself and the Master would make an excellent followup to my initial post here. Perhaps you could demonstrate the tong clicking between each flip, by photo or video, much as I demonstrated the cooking of my steaks. I believe there are many approaches and angles I overlooked that your team would bring to the project.

Well Richard, since heat indexes are 114*F and my patio faces the west, this seems like the perfect time to try flaking. Sage advice my Friend.

I wonder how it will work with a gasser. My gasser will hit around 745*F and right now my first 100 are free. Only problem is that it's indirect heat. Got a brand new SnS that's never been tried on my OTG. Maybe time to get it dirty.

Of course this will mean less time to drink cold beer and listen to my bluetooth speakers but sacrifices have to be made in this heat.

Thanks!

Back