"Happy Phriday Pharkers,what's Smoking this Weekend?"

Happy phriday! Sunday I'll be doing some big beef ribs, baby backs, corn, poppers for my daughter and son-in-law before they head back to China to teach next week. Will smoke on my "custom" offset...hey, it works really well for a cheap oil drum offset 😀
Cheers
Terry

The hockey stick is a nice touch.

I've got a SRF brisket supposed to arrive today for a cook on Sunday. Tomorrow it's going to be a fish fry if I can catch enough out of the pond to do so. Walked down yesterday after work and they looked hungry!

Happy phriday! Sunday I'll be doing some big beef ribs, baby backs, corn, poppers for my daughter and son-in-law before they head back to China to teach next week. Will smoke on my "custom" offset...hey, it works really well for a cheap oil drum offset 😀
Cheers
Terry

I love the hockey stick!

Fish fry sounds great Norm!

I've been working hard for the last couple of weeks so I'm going to relax this weekend. I foresee a pool floatie, umbrella drink and a thick steak in my near future. :grin:

Hope you have a great weekend Phu and Brethren!

Nothing tonight or Saturday, too many plans in the way. Supposed to rain Sunday, but I found three racks of SLC ribs on sale at Walmart the other day. They jumped out at me because they looked so perfect. Then I noticed they were on sale. Went to pick them up and noticed how tender and floppy they were. They should be good. Besides, my cabinet doesn't care if it rains or not...

I'm going to smoke short ribs for the first time. I've made beef back ribs before and they turned out great, just not enough meat. I was planning on leaving the rack whole, unless anyone thinks I should cut them into individual ribs. I ask because I read that Meat Head suggested smoking them as individual ribs, so they cook faster.

Back