THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frognot. That is the difference between hot-n-fast and my old hard head way staying at 250....I put mine on at 7ish so 7.5 hours and I am now at 178 degrees.....I was worried for a little bit because I got to 199 really fast but knew it was wrong, the probe was too close to the bottom of the flat. One benefit for me is more beer :)

Thanks! Lankster, well we've been through one bottle of wine and I have a bottle of Goose Island Class of 88 Belgian Style Ale for supper with the brisket!

Well, I'm happy with my first try!

D2EABFA4-0E1F-4E1C-B422-0F825B723459_zpsmpnlaow7.jpg

The thinner end of the flat was a little dry, but the part closer to the flat was great! Had a little layer of fat with it that added moisture. For extra help, the Goose Island added a little moisture too.

D2EABFA4-0E1F-4E1C-B422-0F825B723459_zpsmpnlaow7.jpg

:clap2::clap2::clap2:Looks dang good brother, nice choice of libation as well. What is that orange& green stuff on the plate:confused::puke::laugh:

They're called vegetables Blu, what V e g e t a r I a n s eat. Suppose to be healthy for you, or so they say. I myself am a vegetarian, although I do enjoy beef, pork, chicken and fish too!

I eat some to balance out the HEALTHY FAT I get from Q!

The Class of 88 was really good too. I think that's a vegetarian ok thing to consume too. :razz:

Do you think wrapping would help with the dryness or just crank down the temp a little?

Also, since there's only 2 of us, what's the best way to reheat? I haven't separated the flat yet and just cut what we ate so I have a hunk of meat for tomorrow.

You need too to wrap it. I slice off what I'm gonna eat and pop it in the microwave for 20 sec. The flat is my last choice I normally give it away to the uneducated the point is where its at:thumb:

Great lookin' brisket right there! Congrats!

Blu, wrap after 4 hours regardless of the IT?

Pretty sure that Bludawg is a wrap at 4 hour guy.

I wrap at around 160 IT (which on a hot & fast cook) has been running about 4 hours. Of course, he's cooked a bunch more briskets than me.

Back