Brisket time!

Sous Vide

You say the unit is sealed. How dco you seal the sous vide to the cooler.?

Good luck with the new method. I always like it when someone else does the trial run and all I do is sit back and wait:thumb:

That's a brilliant idea orienting the Anova horizontally so you don't have to keep the water level in the cooler overly high...I would not have thought of that. Looking forward to hearing your report about how it goes.

and its time!
AJFCJaU0btcNNXnsLGPQKtA1VOsq5PpY6hVfj2R7zFGFQ3zDywHR3oevDu6nxQLNYGrQrO2gm7eSxH1706TYqMpb1lAGJ31qU7J3A7brIS4GjpeZoeq4h4fzljL_Eqz6W7tmvIpmNsWl2d9HIekfDpPgaNrR=w1716-h1287-s-no

Sous Vide

I built a unit and cooked a SELECT 14 pound brisket to 190. After wrapping in pink paper I put it in foil pan and left it for 16 hours. At the same time I cooked the select I cooked a choice brisket. I left the choice on smoker to 205.This one did not go in the sous vide device.

The select had better flavor and was tender as a mothers heart.

I later cooked a Choice to 190 and put it in sous vide for 12 hours. It was great with one exception. I covered the foil pan too loosely and the condensation collected on the lid and leaked a small amount onto the bark, lesson learned.

this was by far the best brisket i have ever made, hands down, the most tender, the most flavorful, and the FIRST time in my brisket eating life i didnt want to use any sauce! i usually wont even eat the flat, but this.....i ate every bit! this is def going to be the new method from now on!

AJFCJaUWEIGP6hZgihNovULURkQsREECxYDNPGDqgL3Jr6fIJr_jXtMuL2J_YdPCRMRa4i4GJOCnBUGP7l4i8fbHieDPQdFF3WFJSLNXi_V5t2WXhys6uZVjip1-tmh3ryoWyPiBSdluNyzj4omFpnMYjkXm=w1716-h1287-s-no

AJFCJaWS14TtVauZdQq7ZuQAg7d8xizY7IdhXuzFeFmkn82ki9Ax1VOO4A5vX9Oh_ecljhzUod_zqgm9wk6R_68O7BoSwQEYF1CMkmWHYJYLfqaQZxGpXfQvfQ0iKWnuKow5u9vVTZ_gPzcaL2-oJ0JLXAEF=w1716-h1287-s-no

Back