First brisket time!

Frognot. That is the difference between hot-n-fast and my old hard head way staying at 250....I put mine on at 7ish so 7.5 hours and I am now at 178 degrees.....I was worried for a little bit because I got to 199 really fast but knew it was wrong, the probe was too close to the bottom of the flat. One benefit for me is more beer :)

Thanks! Lankster, well we've been through one bottle of wine and I have a bottle of Goose Island Class of 88 Belgian Style Ale for supper with the brisket!

Well, I'm happy with my first try!

D2EABFA4-0E1F-4E1C-B422-0F825B723459_zpsmpnlaow7.jpg

The thinner end of the flat was a little dry, but the part closer to the flat was great! Had a little layer of fat with it that added moisture. For extra help, the Goose Island added a little moisture too.

D2EABFA4-0E1F-4E1C-B422-0F825B723459_zpsmpnlaow7.jpg

:clap2::clap2::clap2:Looks dang good brother, nice choice of libation as well. What is that orange& green stuff on the plate:confused::puke::laugh:

They're called vegetables Blu, what V e g e t a r I a n s eat. Suppose to be healthy for you, or so they say. I myself am a vegetarian, although I do enjoy beef, pork, chicken and fish too!

I eat some to balance out the HEALTHY FAT I get from Q!

The Class of 88 was really good too. I think that's a vegetarian ok thing to consume too. :razz:

Do you think wrapping would help with the dryness or just crank down the temp a little?

Also, since there's only 2 of us, what's the best way to reheat? I haven't separated the flat yet and just cut what we ate so I have a hunk of meat for tomorrow.

You need too to wrap it. I slice off what I'm gonna eat and pop it in the microwave for 20 sec. The flat is my last choice I normally give it away to the uneducated the point is where its at:thumb:

Congratulations! Brisket is difficult to master, but oohhhh so good when done well. Nice job

Great lookin' brisket right there! Congrats!

Blu, wrap after 4 hours regardless of the IT?

Pretty sure that Bludawg is a wrap at 4 hour guy.

I wrap at around 160 IT (which on a hot & fast cook) has been running about 4 hours. Of course, he's cooked a bunch more briskets than me.

Back