First brisket time!

WOW, 2 1/2 hours and the IT is at 160! :-o

I'm sure the bark hasn't set yet. I'm undecided on letting it go another 1 1/2 hours then foiling or just go naked till it probes tender. If I keep following Blu's method I won't foil until 11:50 am regardless of the IT.

What about it Blu?

If you really want to try butcher paper, I always just go to the meat counter at the grocery store and ask them to rip me off a few pieces. Never had them say no yet. Especially when you have a cart full of expensive meats. I've even walked in and bought nothing and walked out with butcher paper.

3 hours in now and IT is at 174 and still climbing, though slowly. Might not hit a stall and might let it go unwrapped. I guess it depends on the probing.

4 hours and IT is 189. I think I'm going to let it go and not wrap with anything unless it hits a stall. I'll start probing at 205 or so.

I couldn't help myself, had to take a look at 4 hours 20 minutes. Looking good to me!

B6A8D4EF-B53E-49B9-8639-18BA3E720EB2_zpss6qrz7wa.jpg

My suggestion is to forget about internal temp and wait until it probes like butter in the thickest part of the flat. Then pull it out and let it sit on the counter for a couple of hours.

Yeah, that's what I intend to do. I just like to keep track of the temp for reference and future purposes. Had to roll out the cover....rain and lightening coming in!

657C4CC2-17EA-4117-9CB3-00864624073C_zpsvnih4py8.jpg

Probes like buttah! 6 hours 15 minutes. Not bad. Wrapped and resting now for a couple of hours or until IT IS ABOUT 160.

E4E55D89-36F9-46C6-9B06-A887EDB1B61A_zpssge9cko7.jpg

Now that's a purty brisket right there! Looking forward to seeing the sliced picture.

I would let it cool down to about 150 unwrapped to stop the cooking process if it's probe tender then wrap to let it rest.

Back