THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After making up a batch of homemade salsa roja for tacos, the leftover salsa roja gets used in homemade bean and cheese burritos with some chopped onion and cilantro inside as well. A much more nutritious and tasty version of Taco Bell's pre-digested version.

Have an uncle that I don't see very often. Was a chef at a hotel in Seattle and cooked for Pres Clinton. He told us one of his favorite things to eat is a peanut butter, strawberry jam, and dill pickle sandwich. Anyone else ever had this? Wasn't that bad actually. Didn't eat it open faced.

A979vGql.jpg

Have an uncle that I don't see very often. Was a chef at a hotel in Seattle and cooked for Pres Clinton. He told us one of his favorite things to eat is a peanut butter, strawberry jam, and dill pickle sandwich. Anyone else ever had this? Wasn't that bad actually. Didn't eat it open faced.

I eat PB, pickles and cheese. Never tried it with jam too.

Buttered noodles is still one of my favorites.
Mine too!, but I shouldn't have noodles anymore. Try making it with bacon grease instead of butter.

One of The Brides favorite meals when I was working nights was a grilled cheese on Texas Toast floating in a bowl of tomato soup.
If mom made grilled cheese sandwiches there was a bowl of tomato soup to go with it. Don't eat it often these days, but some days you need that nostalgia.

If you have a fresh tomato, a potted meat sandwich with mayo on white bread brings back some warm and fuzzy memories from childhood. :icon_smile_tongue:

A lot of these mentions don't translate to "Poverty" anymore.

True!

Ham n beans, fried tatoes, onions and cornbread are good eats! :grin:

Egg sandwiches, cheese sandwiches, tomato sandwiches, a hot buttered tortilla, ramen noodles...
I do fairly well feeding myself without going to the store. The garden is producing and I have meat on hand and on the hoof. :laugh:

When we lived near the coast we could buy salmon after they had been filleted for 1$ a piece. Scraping the flesh from the bones we’d get about 1 lb from 2. We had an excellent salmon burger recipe, and using these was far easier than peeling the skin off and dicing a fillet.

Back