Meal Prep Weekend

NCGrimbo

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
I've been trying to make my life simpler lately and one step in that direction is to prep a bunch of meals ahead of time to store in the freezer. the biggest lesson I've learned from doing this is to make sure you have enough room in the freezer before you start to make the meals. :mrgreen:

Thursday of last week was the best night for me to fire up the grill since it was in the 60's for one of the first times this year.

After a mistake in communication with the grocery store shopper, I ended up with 10 packages of chicken breast instead of 10 pounds. The first thing on the grill was some plain chicken breast and a kielbasa:
6pO3EDDl.jpg

Next were the breast marinaded in Lawry's Teriyaki marinade for 12 hours:
89sP0krl.jpg

And finally, the breasts marinaded in Lawry's Ginger Sesame marinade for 12 hours:
XhqAOt4l.jpg

Friday night, I started a Boston butt and pulled it at 200 on Saturday:
d4rMu42l.jpg

My intention for the BB was to make Brunswick stew, but I ran out of time this weekend. It's been vac sealed and put in the freezer for stewing at a later date.

Saturday was spent cooking up the vegetables and making the mashed potatoes for the meals. I wasn't real good at taking photos of this step, but for those that love to see vegetables in a pot, this one's for you:
NwQa9w0l.jpg

Once that was done, the dishes were plated and stored in the freezer.

Here's a look at the bowl of Chicken with mushrooms, onions, zucchini, and rice in the Asian Zing sauce from Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant that I had for lunch:
eMMwFTrl.jpg

Here's the Teryaki Chicken with green beans, corn, onions, and ramen noodles:
nuQgj8il.jpg

These next pictures are from my pantry inventory app, so please ignore the text around the pictures. The first is my Kielbasa with onions, peppers, and potatoes:
cyE7H7Hl.png

And the final two are Ginger Chicken with mashed potatoes and Ginger Chicken with pierogis:
B1SQob4l.jpg
Xrngdx0l.png

In total, I was able to make 30 meals and it took me about 4.5 to 5 hours of time.

Thanks for looking!

Lookin good! I do meal preps every week (mostly for others, but I keep a few for myself) It definitely makes a difference to have something ready for heat and eat.

What pantry app are you using?

It's a good way to go. We have been doing similar for a while now but, not as much of a complete meal as you. Looks good!

Back