Dickie's BBQ

I'm with Bludawg. They cook on electric units which ain't bad, but it helps to know how. I had pulled pork and ribs. No flavor at all. Sides were not special at all. I have been a total of twice, but not again.

I've already posted my opinion on Dickeys, but I heard once that the meat the chains get is already smoked and the stores only warm it back up??? But, I will say I swear I saw them loading fresh briskets into the smoker once. Not certain though.. Except for that one time, I don't think I've ve seen them loading meat in the smoker..:rolleyes:

How has this thread gotten 5 pages deep?

I was thinking the same thing. I didn't even read this thread until today. I thought maybe the thread got hijacked and I was missing something. 5 pages deep...it must be good? I was wrong.:tsk:

Mediocre food (not bad, mind you but nothing to crave over), puny portions for the price and weak sides. Nope.

If it were like 25% cheaper or the portions were 25% more, i'd recommend it but as-is it's not worth the trouble.

Overpriced, overrated and not worth it. The one buy me is known for the sauces that they offer rather than the food. I tried it once and thought the brisket was overcooked and dry. Not just a little, but a lot.

I don't want to be known for my sauce, I want to be known for my Q.

Another Rudy's fan here. They will always custom cut the EXACT brisket you prefer. I ask for "Extra Moist, end cut" and always get awesome point with a s**t ton of bark.. Delicious..

I like Dickies - they opened one near me. I never went there, heard it was lousy. They closed and a cook opened Sugarfire BBQ in that space. IMHO Sugarfire is the best BBQ in STL. Thanks for breaking the ice in my neighborhood :wink:

I have eaten at the local Greenville, NC location a couple of times and it's been good (a little pricey). To be perfectly honest, it's the first and only times I have had brisket (this is straight up pork country) so I really don't have anything to compare it to,

We got a Dickies locally. I've haven't even considered it. Sounds like fast food bbq chain. McDonald's is the most popular restaurant by numbers but who thinks they're the best?

Back