THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm with Bludawg. They cook on electric units which ain't bad, but it helps to know how. I had pulled pork and ribs. No flavor at all. Sides were not special at all. I have been a total of twice, but not again.

I've already posted my opinion on Dickeys, but I heard once that the meat the chains get is already smoked and the stores only warm it back up??? But, I will say I swear I saw them loading fresh briskets into the smoker once. Not certain though.. Except for that one time, I don't think I've ve seen them loading meat in the smoker..:rolleyes:

How has this thread gotten 5 pages deep?

I was thinking the same thing. I didn't even read this thread until today. I thought maybe the thread got hijacked and I was missing something. 5 pages deep...it must be good? I was wrong.:tsk:

Mediocre food (not bad, mind you but nothing to crave over), puny portions for the price and weak sides. Nope.

If it were like 25% cheaper or the portions were 25% more, i'd recommend it but as-is it's not worth the trouble.

Overpriced, overrated and not worth it. The one buy me is known for the sauces that they offer rather than the food. I tried it once and thought the brisket was overcooked and dry. Not just a little, but a lot.

I don't want to be known for my sauce, I want to be known for my Q.

Another Rudy's fan here. They will always custom cut the EXACT brisket you prefer. I ask for "Extra Moist, end cut" and always get awesome point with a s**t ton of bark.. Delicious..

I like Dickies - they opened one near me. I never went there, heard it was lousy. They closed and a cook opened Sugarfire BBQ in that space. IMHO Sugarfire is the best BBQ in STL. Thanks for breaking the ice in my neighborhood :wink:

I have eaten at the local Greenville, NC location a couple of times and it's been good (a little pricey). To be perfectly honest, it's the first and only times I have had brisket (this is straight up pork country) so I really don't have anything to compare it to,

We got a Dickies locally. I've haven't even considered it. Sounds like fast food bbq chain. McDonald's is the most popular restaurant by numbers but who thinks they're the best?

Back