New year celebration

OferL

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Batch Image
Dear brethren,

It has been a tough year for us. After much thought my wife and I decided to celebrate the new year. Happiness and togetherness is what we fight for after all. So we invited some 50 people to our home this Friday and had some food, drink, gifts, fun and just being together. Most were our familes and friends. Others were new people we met lately since the war began. People who had a rough time since October and needed some fun and a change.

vHY0NZAh.jpg

SjlwE8Ah.jpg

I cooked:
Grilled peppers, mushrooms and corn
Smoked garlic and shallots
Mixed rice with mayo and chili sauce
Fried yams and mashed potatoe balls
Pulled pork shoulder
Pulled beef chuck
A pan of shrimp sausage and cherry tomatoes in coconut milk
Smoked and grilled pork chops
Grilled chicken and cheese sausages
Skewered skirt steak
And my favorite picanha

BnnUiefh.jpg

XEHSYC8h.jpg

o09EPoMh.jpg

v4i49PSh.jpg

a8zgHWph.jpg

CjlUm0mh.jpg

lHvF518h.jpg

ApTikwBh.jpg

R45nIG9h.jpg

E09Yxvuh.jpg

kkHVsaVh.jpg

8ZrgLdFh.jpg

ggPwtvVh.jpg

Xtku20Uh.jpg

CGjklnMh.jpg

Qj3paZEh.jpg

chqM5Qwh.jpg

My wife made amazing deserts:
Brownies trees with green whipped cream
Skewered mini pancakes, banana and strawberry
Oreos with strawberry and cream hats

iQo1gv9h.jpg

4X2baL0h.jpg

XpEaSHCh.jpg

DoXYTpUh.jpg

2j2CrZRh.jpg

5EC3dYxh.jpg

Guests brought egg salad, liver mousse, smashed potatoes and other salads. And lots of drinks.

There were lots of kids. We bought the kids presents.
The adults brought one present each. We had a raffle so each adult got a random gift from someone.

kpnTJXyh.jpg

It was a great night. This is the third year we have such a celebration and the biggest one yet. We just hope 2024 would be a better year for everyone.

Thanks for reading.
Ofer

Looks like it was quite the party and some delicious looking food! Happy New Year to you and yours.

Very nice! Glad y’all were able to have some fun and enjoy company.

That was amazing Ofer!

I'm sure you provided a great relief for all in attendance

May your new year bring you peace!

I'm glad to see that you and your close ones found the time to celebrate and take a break from the other stuff that's going on. My prayers are for all of you to continue to be safe and that there is a quick resolution to the ongoing fighting and attacks there.

Man, talk about a spread! Everything looks great. I bet nobody went hungry.
Would like to see your home packed with people.

What a wonderful celebration. Ditto all the compliments on the food and setting. What struck me while reading was you and your family/friends gathering is an example of life with a purpose and optimism.

Shalom!

Absolutely fabulous! Everything is beautiful and delicious. So happy to see the garlic. It doesn't get nearly the love it deserves!
And those cookies! That is a lot of work for so many people!

Outstanding. That is quite a spread. Wishing you, your family, and friends a very Happy New Year and hoping 2024 is better and calmer for all of you

Back