David Chang's Burger manifesto

images

Once you say crumpets and english muffins are acceptable for a burger, you lose all credibility with me. And no mustard? Too spicy?

Also, his shrimp stack burger had bibb lettuce and cucumber on it. Sounds like he broke his own rules.

Fella states views on burgers that are "provocative" and folks get (faux) provoked? Get out. It's all good natured ribbing- have a rib and join in.

I would like to add this about eat out burgers. A good burger is one you will go back and get another on a regular basis, a great burger is one you have made or will remake on your grill.

I totally agree with him about White Castle's... Sliders, roach burgers, belly bombers, rectal rockets, whatever you want to call them. Awesome! But no cheese flaps on them!

As for everything else.... I call BS! How can you not have mustard on a burger??? Sounds like he'd probably put ketchup on a Chicago Hot Dog.

Green chiles, jalapenos perhaps too, no mayo ( too Big mackish), mustard, no runny eggs ( save for breakfast ) Whataburger a good starting point IMO.

From the bottom of the bun up - mustard (a little mayo is optional), pickles, tomato, chopped lettuce, 1st burger patty, chopped green chile, 2nd burger patty.

mmmm.....

There are no rules for burgers. If there were, I would break them most the time.

And fly what ever flag you want while consuming!

:thumb:

I dont care how many awards he has won. I can respect no man with those opinions on beer.

I don't agree with his take that good beers don't pair well with food. In fact I disagree entirely with it.

That said, I also don't fall into the beer snob category of acting like there is no place for light american lagers. I think there is a time and place for all beers. As much as I love a good double IPA, barleywine, or huge imperial russian stout, I cannot imagine grabbing something like that while I'm working in the yard or whatever. During the summer months I find myself grabbing a Bud or Coors Light more often than the craft beers. Yeah, it's like water, but that's kinda the appeal when it's hot outside.

From this I can say... I want no food advice from this person...

Totally lost me at no mustard. I spose hot sauce is over powering to this person... I am suprised buns were OK.

Back