Burger Building

Twangzer Mike

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Mike
Does it really matter how a burger is built ? lettuce, pickle, tomato, onion, sauce on the bottom or top .... or the other way around ? or variations ? Is the experience/taste basically the same other than the presentation ? Anyone taken the exact same burger build and just reversed it ? Seen copycats of every which way and suspect that the cook is trying to be different just to stand out.

The only thing that matters is some sort of sauce on the buns to prevent/slow the juices from making the bread soggy. Everything else is just for flavor on your tongue.

An improperly constructed burger is subject to sudden structural failure and catastrophic collapse. That can cause serious hardship - such as having to drunkenly eat the remains off the floor, or worse.

giphy.gif

No lettuce or mayo for me....

I prefer ketchup, mustard, pickles and onions....as my base burger, please cheese, bacon, chili...etc.

But KMPO is my base I put on any burger (I will omit ketchup when chili is there)

Well, I know the big chains actually research and study the order of their assembly based on the toppings, etc. Mainly for taste, which hits the tongue and when for best flavor, but also to help keep the sandwich together. I keep it in mind but not enough to make myself nuts over it. As long as there's a nice patty in there somewhere.

Why in the world would it taste different if the LTO is on the bottom vs the top?

I don't want to get technical, but it does affect taste. When building any sandwich, it all depends on what ingredient hits your tongue first, and last. Its all about layers. Ask any Chef worth a damn.

I agree that it probably does matter, although I've never experimented with same toppings and different positions to compare.

Now, if I'm eating meat/cheese/crackers, the salted side of the cracker is always facing down so the salt hits the tongue. Cheese next, then meat on top. I like the texture of that order, and the cold meat on top.

I agree that it probably does matter, although I've never experimented with same toppings and different positions to compare.

Now, if I'm eating meat/cheese/crackers, the salted side of the cracker is always facing down so the salt hits the tongue. Cheese next, then meat on top. I like the texture of that order, and the cold meat on top.

When im making a toasted club sandwich, cheese on bottom, then bacon, then turkey, then second layer of toast, tomato, lettuce, then ham, then roast beef, and another slice of cheese.

Ok… I’m going off the reservation here and suggesting no liquid condiments go on the burger at all. Cheese, tomato, bacon, lettuce, pickles, onions, dried crickets, etc all yes, but the mayo, mustard, ketchup, bbq sauce, sriracha, balut extract, etc all go in a wide bowl on the side into which the burger is dipped bite by bite as it’s being consumed. :peep:

Back