Brethren Relay to Dan Chambers

I don't drive now either, and I am in Florida.
But I am in for the GoFund when it posts.

Smitty, why should you see it before I do? :)
OK, here is one that was texted to me...I'll leave the others until I have it in hand. Notice, the S.A. Spurs colors. :biggrin1:

As far as what's special about it, I'm not sure my contract allows me to tell you everything. Plus, there are a couple of things that the builder had to get top secret government clearance to install. :mrgreen:

Here are a few mods that I am legally allowed to tell you: the pull out grates and the pull out water pan have special handles on them that will allow me to pull them out while seated in my chair - plus added stops to keep them from coming too far out.

The door handle handle/closure has been modified for easy open/close

It has a brand new pellet controller - yes, it is a pellet pooper - that will allow increased smoke. We decided a pellet cooker would work well for me due to my limited mobility. I'll be able to get more enough cook time from one load of fuel.

Special feet on the modified cart that will allow height adjustments, if need be.

That's all for now...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 329
Since so many of us are useless I also vote for GoFund. That way we can be of use and have this man smoking again.

I've got a buddy who manages shipping I can ask for a quote--is there a loading dock available at either end?

Just wondering, if someone set up a "fund me" and had donors PM for the link would that violate forum rules? Just saying

Thanks, everyone. Y'all are awesome. In an earlier post, Phil - our Grand Poohbah- said he was working on it, and I know he is...and will figure something out. Maybe he will bring it down himself. :)

Thanks again. Honestly, if I knew it would be problematic, I wouldn't have let them build a smoker for me. Seems like it's a burden on folks. THAT part, I regret.

in less than two weeks I will be running by Albany down to Bethlehem PA. have a truck and could take it that far for a hand off. let me know!

its not a burden Dan

it give us Brethren joy in our hearts to help someone in need

that's why I volunteered to organize the Go Fund Me campaign

Thanks, everyone. Y'all are awesome. In an earlier post, Phil - our Grand Poohbah- said he was working on it, and I know he is...and will figure something out. Maybe he will bring it down himself. :)

Thanks again. Honestly, if I knew it would be problematic, I wouldn't have let them build a smoker for me. Seems like it's a burden on folks. THAT part, I regret.

Shut up, Chambers. Don't you know that it is these things that make the Brethren shine? Fark, of course you do, so just shut up, Chambers. How many times have we seen such threads and eventually, someone from somewhere is able to make the final leg of the relay and the product is delivered. As a member of this forum, I am thrilled, excited and proud. So shut up, Chambers. People donate money for gas, for food, whatever. The act of kindness is something many of us take part and we feel good about it. So, shut up, Chambers. Brethren, make the trip with other Brethren, they meet, they talk, they share BBQ, they make friendships, and they feel good about themselves and their community. So, shut up, Chambers. I personally hope that Phil does NOT come through and lets the Brethren get this sorted out and take care of it. I think that such relays are some of the best things for this community. The gift people give you is as much to themselves as to you, so just shut up, Chambers.

If the Go Fund Me thing doesn't work out, I'm up for a road trip. Not sure what the route would be, but.........have truck...will travel.

Wouldn't be the first time I hauled a smoker for Dan:

He sent this one to a church somewhere in Pa. I handed it over to BBQ Bandit for the last leg of the journey.

Im up for the go fund me as well, but looking at the map, we are getting close.

If we stick to +/- 200 mile legs we need the following:
-Allentown Pa. to Woodstock Va (+/- 220 miles)
-Charlotte, NC to Atlanta Ga (+/- 245 miles)
- Atlanta, Ga to Tuscaloosa, ((+/- 200 miles)
-Tuscaloosa to Jackson, Ms ((+/- 185 miles)
- Jackson, Ms to Shreveport, La (+/- 215 miles)
-Shreveport, La to San Antonio, Tx (+/- 400 miles)

The last leg has multiple options to break it up (DFW or Houston)

Back