THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've got some weekends coming up that I'm tied up, but depending on the weekend I could pick up anywhere from DFW to Shreveport and do the last leg down to San Antonio.

I've got some weekends coming up that I'm tied up, but depending on the weekend I could pick up anywhere from DFW to Shreveport and do the last leg down to San Antonio.

i too have some weekends coming up where i'll be busy, but we can align the stars then i can meet you between dallas and san antonio and take it to dan's place

I'm useless here in Iowa, and very new to the Brethren. Let me just say that this is an AMAZING post to follow. I'm not sure what happened to Dan, or how this all came about (again, I'm new here), but this is the neatest thing I've ever seen and ANY forum I've visited. This is really quite the crew here!
:clap2:

Im up for the go fund me as well, but looking at the map, we are getting close.

If we stick to +/- 200 mile legs we need the following:
-Allentown Pa. to Woodstock Va (+/- 220 miles)
-Charlotte, NC to Atlanta Ga (+/- 245 miles)
- Atlanta, Ga to Tuscaloosa, ((+/- 200 miles)
-Tuscaloosa to Jackson, Ms ((+/- 185 miles)
- Jackson, Ms to Shreveport, La (+/- 215 miles)
-Shreveport, La to San Antonio, Tx (+/- 400 miles)

The last leg has multiple options to break it up (DFW or Houston)

I can do Allentown to Woodstock.

Question - How big / heavy is it? Do we need a trailer or are we going to have to muscle it from truck to truck?

BTW this needs to be a sticky

I'm useless here in Iowa, and very new to the Brethren. Let me just say that this is an AMAZING post to follow. I'm not sure what happened to Dan, or how this all came about (again, I'm new here), but this is the neatest thing I've ever seen and ANY forum I've visited. This is really quite the crew here!
:clap2:

Such things happen time and time again for various reasons. I've seen it happen many times. Sometimes Phil comes in and says enough of this funny business and pays for the shipping himself or makes a huge donation to a worthy cause to help someone out. He's our superhero who runs this place. I personally like to see the relays and the pics of these roadtrips and Brethren meeting up and helping each other out. It makes me feel good. Sometimes someone sets up a fund to help donate for gas money, etc. We're all really one big family here. I've traveled a fair bit and met up with many brethren and it is always a great pleasure. There are a lot of really wonderful people here. You'll also see many similar threads of people cooking for others to make their lives better. There's one here:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=200241

It really strikes home when you actually meet these people doing these things and see the kindness and sincerity in their hearts. If you get a chance to participate in one of these events, you will find yourself greatly rewarded.

As for Dan, he's been with us for as long as l can remember and had an avalanche of problems, the primary of which were medical. A good bit of his story is here, but it's a lot of reading:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123136

regarding the possible relay-I spoke up about being able to do the dallas-dan leg, just wanted to put it out there that I could also do a Houston-dan leg if the route goes that way.

Back