Breakfast at the lake.

I wish I'd been there.

Just awesome.
Thanks Craig! You all need to drive down for a campout. Bring lawn chairs and your favorite beverage. :laugh:

Oh Yes! A little late in the year for us to catch the crappie but looks like some big fillets. The rest looks Fantastic!
Thank you Mike! I wish I had the fishing options that you have. I'd be in heaven. lol Hope you're having great luck with what ever you're catching! :-D

Outstanding as always Jeanie! Thanks for sharing.
Great to see you Neil! Thanks! :-D

Jen as always the meal you whooped us is awesome!!!!!! Hope you had a relaxing time also hope your coolers overflow with fresh fish... I bought a new boat and I have been rigging noodles to go cat fishing next week...thx for Sharing pics of your time in heaven with us!!!!!!

Paul, you have it made!! Congrats on the new boat, I know you're going to put it to good use!! I caught quite a few catfish on this trip, enough to bring some home for the freezer. Good luck with your trip next week! Thanks for the kind comment.:-D

Fantabulous breakfast Jeanie.
Thanks Marty! :grin:

No wonder so many people are buying RV's and going camping...they are hoping to run in to you and get some of that good cooking! That is an incredible way to start the day. Very nicely done!
lol Thanks Ron! I saw more people that week, than I see in a month at home. lol Someone stopped by and brought me a catfish, two people came by and gave me minnows, another brought the crappie filets, I was invited to a burger cookout.. when I didn't go, they brought me burger. lol A fisherman trolled by the bank in his boat and measured the lake depth and temperature. It was a busy place. I'm not used to that! lol

That looks wonderful Jeanie. Looks like you had a great time at the lake.
Thanks so much Chester! The weather was pretty nice most of the time. I enjoyed being out there, whether the fish were biting or not. :-D

Great breakfast feast. That would do me 'till dinner for sure.

Thank you George! I cook breakfast and supper. Everyone is on their own the rest of the day. lol

OUTSTANDING You put a new meaning to camp food Love fish Dont think I have ever had a crappie before I do really like fish

Thank you George! Hope you try crappie sometime. It's really delicious! :grin:

That’s a great looking breakfast no matter where you are. But I have to ask, you’re not hanging around with people that don’t like runny eggs are you? [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

:laugh: I know!! People shouldn't be picky when someone else is cooking! lol
Thanks Kevin, hope you have a great weekend! :-D

Awesome ... but such a tease ... :-D
lol Mike. It was pretty tasty that morning, but I was pretty hungry! :-D

Looks great, Jeanie!

Thanks Gary! Hope you are doing some fishing too! :grin:

Very nice, young lady.
Ed
Thanks so much Ed! :-D

Mighty Fine Neighbor!

Changing it up a bit I see - I was expecting the tractor wheel.

Thanks Neighbor! I did some tractor rim cooking but it was just too windy that morning.. I opted to go the easier route. lol
Hope all is well in your new neighborhood. Bet it's gorgeous there! :-D

Our Jeanius has struck again!

Great looking meal as always, Jeanie!
Thanks Pat! I finally got away for a few days. Seems like I've been too busy to cook at home. lol

Now that's what I call good for the soul. What a great grill you made. Too bad on the walleye being too small. My personal favorite which I grew up fishing for on the St. Clair River

Thank you Joe! It was a relaxing trip! The little cooker was made by a friend about 14 years ago. He put 4 of them together. Two this size and two smaller cookers. I really like it. It's heavier than heck but it's nice for camping. Better than any store bought cooker IMO. :-D
Hopefully I'll catch bigger walleye next time. lol

Great looking breakfast. Used to do giant crappie fries when I was younger. Love em, never had for breakfast but totally would do that breakfast!

I was aiming for some Chile chipotle lime benedict over Texas toast, but someone stopped by camp that morning and handed me some crappie filets. Heck... sounded good, so I cooked them too!

The weather was a bit windy, so I opted to use the little homemade table top charcoal grill instead of the tire rim.

x5jCsbM.jpg

Made my hollandaise sauce first. 3 egg yolks, butter, lime juice and chile chipotle seasoning.

2pW6Jc5.jpg

dQe3AmV.jpg

X13T3sq.jpg

The crappie filets..

ukl7uyc.jpg

i seasoned the filets and lightly dredged them in flour.

ryXxxko.jpg

ntTOX6H.jpg

Slapped a ham steak on to grill..

7yysCO1.jpg

NC8oBfe.jpg

Basted some eggs in butter, then scrambled a few for the ones who didn't like runny yolks. lol

EVmmcB5.jpg

Grilled the texas toast and started my build.
Toast, ham, egg, chipotle hollandaise, more spices, and topped with fresh pico.

cCqvLUN.jpg

Tz2Rltc.jpg

CZRKVqH.jpg

The crappie were a real treat. I caught catfish and walleye but no crappie.

nQY3COA.jpg

llWt2Sw.jpg

fhoWbAw.jpg

AhMWsv9.jpg

N4ay1Wc.jpg

X4aSyq6.jpg

It was a nice time. :-D

Thanks for looking![/QUOTE

Your cooks are a thing of beauty. Thanks for inspiring us.

Great breakfast and start to any day.!

Your chipotle hollandaise sounds hellaciously good.

I love fish and eggs for breakfast!:clap2:

That's really roughing it.
Looks fantastic!

Thanks Colin! I was a pretty rough week. :laugh:

Great looking breakfast. Used to do giant crappie fries when I was younger. Love em, never had for breakfast but totally would do that breakfast!
I bet your giant crappie fries were a lot of fun! That would be great eats!!

They would have been on my mind all day, I had to cook em as soon as I saw them. :laugh: Thanks! :grin:

checkrd past;[/QUOTE

Your cooks are a thing of beauty. Thanks for inspiring us.

Very kind of you Checkrd! Thanks so much.. :grin:

Looks wonderful.
Tell me more about that little cooker you got there please

Thanks Shiz! I've had it for quite awhile. It's heavy duty. lol
There is a grate in the bottom for hot coals/wood and a cooking grate. Air inlets on the sides and an exhaust pipe on top. Also has a thermometer in the lid which I do not use.
Every few years, I slap a new coat of paint on it. lol
https://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2014/08/a-lake-fatty.html

Great breakfast and start to any day.!

Your chipotle hollandaise sounds hellaciously good.

I love fish and eggs for breakfast!:clap2:

Thanks Greg!! Glad to see another fan of fish for breakfast! :-D

I have crappie fillets thawed for tomorrow’s dinner but I am sure they will pale in comparison to THAT cook! Thanks for sharing!

Back