Another Breakfast Fatty

If the authorities only viewed one of your cook threads, they would grant you a pass for outdoor fires, or whatever you needed, to make your masterpiece! You are one creative food artist!!

Awesome looking breakfast !!!!
I think you covered most of all the food groups !!!!
The pics are fantastic,,,,keep ‘em coming

That is just a great looking breakfast. I've never heard of an arepa before, but I can see that I've been missing out.

Fantastic breakfast, Jeanie! I was waiting for the tatoes, but I guess they never showed...:sad:

Excellent job Jeanie! Looks spectacular!

Will need to add arepas to the list of options for breakfast!

Bruce

Thank you for the comments everyone!! You're a kind group of friends. :-D

How much oil do you use? Maybe that was my problem. They just didn't puff up as much as I think they should have from what I've read.

These didn't need to puff due to stuffing them before frying...but when I do want them to puff, I pat out a thinner disc, maybe 1/4" to 1/2" thick. Then I use a large spoon to baste the top of the arepa with hot oil while it fries. It helps the top "puff". :-D
I make columbian style arepas most often.

Fantastic breakfast, Jeanie! I was waiting for the tatoes, but I guess they never showed...:sad:

:laugh: Thanks Richard! The tatoes were in the fatty stuffing! :-D

Thanks again Friends!! It was a nice week of camping. :-D

These didn't need to puff due to stuffing them before frying...but when I do want them to puff, I pat out a thinner disc, maybe 1/4" to 1/2" thick. Then I use a large spoon to baste the top of the arepa with hot oil while it fries. It helps the top "puff". :-D
I make columbian style arepas most often.
Ah thanks, I've tried making only the thicker Venezuelan arepas in the past. Not sure why I never tried the thinner Colombian ones, may have to give it a go.

Thanks Jeanie!

Ah thanks, I've tried making only the thicker Venezuelan arepas in the past. Not sure why I never tried the thinner Colombian ones, may have to give it a go.

Thanks Jeanie!

There seems to be several different versions. :-D
I've made the thicker flat arepas, then split them with a knife and filled like a gordita. I've made thinner arepas that puffed up when fried for a minute or so....I make a small slit in the side and pour in an egg with salt. Then sealed the edge and fried a second time to set the egg. They look cool but cooking the egg first is so much easier. lol

They're pretty darned tasty no matter what you stuff em with.

Good luck with it Andy! :-D

Back