Breakfast

Outstanding.
"Layers of Flavor" in photographs

Thanks Adams! Did you get much snow this time round? That north wind was wicked!!:grin:

The hot dry smoky summer last year was good for peppers. We are loving the freeze dryer. There are some things we still prefer canned but did freeze dry a ton from the garden and things we could buy cheap when in season like asparagus - I eat that stuff like a snack and add to salads and soup. We are not starting to freeze dry meals like chili and stews

Thanks so much Neighbor!! I wondered how it was working out. Sounds like you're putting it to good use, that's great!!!
I like the thought that the freeze dried food takes less space than home canned.
I appreciate the info! Thanks for taking the time! :-D

Yes Jeanie,just YES! That is a mitee fine lookin meal.As per usual.You never disappoint!Thanks for sharing.

Thanks so much Hoss! Very kind of you! :-D

That looks killer, as always!

Thanks Kevin!! I wish I had more of them. lol :-D

The pics are outstanding!

The food has to be outrageous!!!

As of now?

I’m listing all of my cookers for sale and doing doordash only!!!

Naaaaa just kidding...

AMAZING cook as always!

:laugh: Thanks Jeremy! Good to have you back posting again! :-D

That looks amazing!! I especially like the idea of making ahead and freezing for a quick breakfast because that's pretty much exactly what I have to do so that I don't wake the girls up at 4:30 am.

Thanks Ron!! 4:30 is way to early for anyone to be up. :laugh:
I feel for ya!! :grin:

Dang, you got better stores than I have...

Craig, I'm really liking this store. It has some amazing stuff... most I have never heard of. :laugh:
The butcher is really helpful explaining things to me too.
Hope you're keeping warm!

Those Chile Rellenos are some of the finest I've seen Jeanie! Would love it if you did a tutorial on them at some point.

Also, thanks for introducing your helper! Looks like a fine farm dog and companion.

Those Chile Rellenos are some of the finest I've seen Jeanie! Would love it if you did a tutorial on them at some point.

Also, thanks for introducing your helper! Looks like a fine farm dog and companion.

Thanks Richard! The egg and chorizo stuffing was nice for a change.
I think beef cheek filling is my favorite.

He's been a good helper so far. Smart as a whip! :grin:

I'm more of a fruits guy for breakfast, leaves enough room but to eat a half cow for lunch lol

He's been a good helper so far. Smart as a whip! :grin:

I have no doubt! I think our two rat terriers, Daisy and Shadow would enjoy his company - they love other dogs, esp farm type dogs like them. All of the moles in our backyard completely vacated our backyard after we moved in!

084A0DM.jpg

I'm more of a fruits guy for breakfast, leaves enough room but to eat a half cow for lunch lol

:laugh: A person would be tarred and feathered for eating a "fruity" breakfast in the middle of beef country! :laugh:

I have no doubt! I think our two rat terriers, Daisy and Shadow would enjoy his company - they love other dogs, esp farm type dogs like them. All of the moles in our backyard completely vacated our backyard after we moved in!

084A0DM.jpg

I bet they'd have a blast!! lol Your pups are so cute... I bet they keep the snakes out of your yard too! :grin:

Those look simply amazing. I could eat those like finger food and maybe dip them in a spicy sour cream. I totally get making extra and freezing, it's not a quick throw together breakfast/meal. We have been doing that more often with stuff like meatloaf (raw), lasagna, coney sauce and others. And it sure beats banquet or swanson :-D Oh and thanks for all the pics, never too many

Jeanie, All I can say is WOW!!!!
Now that is a Fantastic Breakfast, or an anytime meal for that matter.
I can understand why you draw a crowd when you are cooking, I would be just Honored to be able to watch you in action, drooling the entire time!!!

You are Formally Invited to do a Guest Breakfast at the Wood Pile PB Brethren Breakfast ANYTIME!!!!

Just a dusting. 75-80* this weekend. Windchills back to 0* approaching. Most places have four seasons. As you’re aware here on The High Plains we have additional “silly seasons” sometimes referred to as “false seasons”

Winds coming again. Always the winds

\What a magic post J..!!!!!!!!............ it always starts the day great when I see a post of yours.....c

Mmmm... these look amazing!
I've just recently discovered the awesomeness of the poblano.
Having grown tired of making ABT's with jalapenos, I've made them with poblanos sometimes. You certainly don't have to make as many!
Takes about three pieces of bacon to wrap one, which is a wonderful thing. :becky:

Hard to respond.
The food looks awesome as always.
But I didn't know you had this:
tEM2WPL.jpg

I had to put my girl down 4 years ago after a brain tumor.
She looked a lot like him.
I miss her. They are awesome dogs.

lol Good for her! Thanks for the link! :grin:

I can't believe 3 days got by before I am seeing this one. May be close to your Best Ever! Thanks!

Thanks Mike!! Hope all is going well...
Fishing season is right around the corner! :grin:

Those look simply amazing. I could eat those like finger food and maybe dip them in a spicy sour cream. I totally get making extra and freezing, it's not a quick throw together breakfast/meal. We have been doing that more often with stuff like meatloaf (raw), lasagna, coney sauce and others. And it sure beats banquet or swanson :-D Oh and thanks for all the pics, never too many

Thank you Joe!! I like your meal ideas, bet they are delicious!! :-D

Jeanie, All I can say is WOW!!!!
Now that is a Fantastic Breakfast, or an anytime meal for that matter.
I can understand why you draw a crowd when you are cooking, I would be just Honored to be able to watch you in action, drooling the entire time!!!

You are Formally Invited to do a Guest Breakfast at the Wood Pile PB Brethren Breakfast ANYTIME!!!!
Very kind of you Rick!! I appreciate the invitation too!! Thanks! :grin:

Just a dusting. 75-80* this weekend. Windchills back to 0* approaching. Most places have four seasons. As you’re aware here on The High Plains we have additional “silly seasons” sometimes referred to as “false seasons”

Winds coming again. Always the winds

Crazy weather!! Freezing to 80F in a few hours!
We had a pretty good snow, but with the wind, it's hard to measure. Lots of good drifts. lol
I was able to bag up a few snowballs for the fourth of July!

Thanks for the heads up about the next round.. :-D

Back