Beef Ribs, Marrow ~n~ Beer

That is one fine meal Jeanie. As they say in Italia, mange bene viva bene (eat well live well).

Awesome ribs Jeanie, beer is always good side dish at my house! Where do you find those ribs? There is so much meat on those things, I cant find a store here that carry's them here.

I never knew I was deprived until now :shocked: I don't think I've ever had marrow. :pout:

It's not hard to imagine that's really delicous - is there anything on the marrow before you cook it other than the evoo or is it just marrow n smoke?

Those pix are fantastic Jeanie and everything looks amazing!

I believe they are Femur

Thanks SD! :grin:

Them noodles will sure go good with them hens. Kinda made me think about dumplings. Lol. Got my kids some laying hens to take care of. Getting eggs right now. They get a little age on them the make great fresh chicken shop don't they.
Great!! I bet your kids are loving raising hens and gathering fresh eggs. Now you have me thinking about dumplins. Thanks Milkman! :-D

Beer is the PERFECT side dish for those shorties, Jeanie! Love the healthy riff on the marrow toast, too! I usually end up just gobbling it all up straight from the bones!

Thanks Chris! I like the way you think. :mrgreen:

That cook is fricken ridiculous. You make it look so easy and so incredibly delicious.
It has been a very long time since I had a dedicated marrow cook, love the idea of the parsley salad. A number of years ago my cousin and I went into the kitchen and saw that his wife had cooked up about 10 pounds of marrow bones, they were cooling on the counter while she ran to the store. So we proceeded to eat the whole pile, she walked in just as we sucked down the last of it and she hit the roof, apparently she had cooked them for the dog. As far as we were concerned the dog can have the bones but the marrow was way to good to give the dog.

lol Great story Bill!! Thanks!

Wow Jeanie, What a great post. fantastic pics as always. Never had marrow bones before. But beef ribs are my all time number 2. Second only to brisket. Thanks for the post.

Thank you Josh! Hope you give marrow a try, It looks pretty strange but tastes awesome. :grin:

That is one fine meal Jeanie. As they say in Italia, mange bene viva bene (eat well live well).
Thanks Friend! :grin:

Awesome ribs Jeanie, beer is always good side dish at my house! Where do you find those ribs? There is so much meat on those things, I cant find a store here that carry's them here.

Thank you Joe! I got these at Dillons in Liberal. I know your store would have them. They are beef short ribs that haven't been cut into pieces yet. When they are on sale, I ask the meat man for a "plate" of short ribs. They usually come with 4 bones. I get the whole vac pac, there are 4 nice slabs of beef ribs in a pack and they run around $70... Hope this helps! Thanks again Joe!

I never knew I was deprived until now :shocked: I don't think I've ever had marrow. :pout:

It's not hard to imagine that's really delicous - is there anything on the marrow before you cook it other than the evoo or is it just marrow n smoke?

Those pix are fantastic Jeanie and everything looks amazing!

You've gotta try em Greg! :grin: I just drizzle them with olive oil and season with S&P. I've been using my cold smoked SPOG mixture on them lately.
Thank so much, If I could, I'd send some to ya. :mrgreen:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Looks great as usual Jeanie. Never had Marrow. Might have to give it a try...

Nothing fancy you say....

Lord help us all when you decide to do something fancy.

How does that bone marrow taste? Can you compare it to anything?

Nothing fancy...
Put some beef ribs on the smoker the other day while I was busy on a chicken project. Added a few marrow bones to snack on too.

Slathered the ribs with bacon drippings, then used some of my cold smoked SPOG mixture.

game%20hens%20beef%20ribs%20and%20marrow%20020res_zpsvkoyzkiy.jpg

drizzled the marrow bones with olive oil and the same smoke seasoning..

game%20hens%20beef%20ribs%20and%20marrow%20021res_zpsmdniabbh.jpg

made parsley salad for the marrow..

flat leaf parsley, capers, onion, lemon juice, olive oil, pepper, salt... I think that was all.

game%20hens%20beef%20ribs%20and%20marrow%20025res_zpsqrpjhaml.jpg

game%20hens%20beef%20ribs%20and%20marrow%20026res_zpshwyjpd5g.jpg

while everything smoked, I built a little pen for some game hens... :thumb:

game%20hens%20beef%20ribs%20and%20marrow%20009res_zpscxqn5nef.jpg

game%20hens%20beef%20ribs%20and%20marrow%20012res_zpszigrmybq.jpg

pulled the marrow bones from the smoker when the centers started to sink... I didn't want all of the marrow to melt.

game%20hens%20beef%20ribs%20and%20marrow%20028res_zpswwm7hqz9.jpg

toasted slices of bread..

game%20hens%20beef%20ribs%20and%20marrow%20032res_zpsavxqpqd1.jpg

beef%20ribs%20002res_zps1e9ssqmd.jpg

beef%20ribs%20013res_zpsuy9sxj5m.jpg

some marrow on toast with parsley salad..

generator%20marrow%20with%20parsley%20017res_zpsm1yy0gvm.jpg

marrow%20bones%20and%20lake%20004res_zpskgtbshkc.jpg

This stuff is addicting. I try not to make it very often.

marrow%20bones%20and%20lake%20009res_zpsv5evelyx.jpg

After a couple of toasts with marrow, I couldn't think of any side dishes to make to go with the beef ribs... so I settled for cold beer. :grin:

beef%20ribs%20018res_zpsnnojm3e3.jpg

beef%20ribs%20020res_zpsthikauq5.jpg

beef%20ribs%20035res_zpsvgvbgu2z.jpg

One beef rib will last me for two days!! I love them though. :grin:

Thanks for looking!
You have an entry, just do it again
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=232634

Mighty good looking food right there. Of course I knew that before I even clicked on the thread. :icon_smile_tongue:

Thanks everybody! :grin:
Mike, the only way I can think to describe it is a rich flavored beef butter. Hope you give it a try!

Back