Beef Ribs, Marrow ~n~ Beer

Awesome cook, can't go wrong with Beef and Beer!
Now I am drooling - Love Marrow. I keep some in the freezer and fight with the dog over it!

I think I have a few cut length wise. works great to keep from losing it

Edit: I just showed this to MSD, She say's " We have some Beef ribs in the Freezer, I'll go take them out right now"!

Awesome cook, can't go wrong with Beef and Beer!
Now I am drooling - Love Marrow. I keep some in the freezer and fight with the dog over it!

I think I have a few cut length wise. works great to keep from losing it

Edit: I just showed this to MSD, She say's " We have some Beef ribs in the Freezer, I'll go take them out right now"!

Awesome SD!! Hope you take pics of your cook if you get the time.
I can't find them cut length wise here but I guess I could ask the butcher to do it. Thanks so much! :becky:

Awesome SD!! Hope you take pics of your cook if you get the time.
I can't find them cut length wise here but I guess I could ask the butcher to do it. Thanks so much! :becky:

Yeah we had the butcher cut them. I keep thinking of getting a band saw but have not.

Did these about a year and half ago after having them in NOLA

View attachment 129380

Last edited:
Nice cook Jeanie!

Thank you Westy, it's good to see ya! :grin:

Yeah we had the butcher cut them. I keep thinking of getting a band saw but have not.

Did these about a year and half ago after having them in NOLA

View attachment 129380

Wow!! Those look killer SD! I can see how they would be easier to roast too without losing any of the goodie inside. Thanks for the pic! :becky:

Fine looking cook. I would be happy with any of it. Good idea on the pen. Them hens on the outside look plenty fat and happy to.

Thanks so much Milkman! Some of the fat hens are going to be made into chicken and noodles soon. :grin:

Bucket List meal you got there! Never tried marrow but is not an option now,I gotta do it.Looks Fab as usual.Thank you for your inspirational cooks and ideas.I get stuck in rut.

Thank you. :)

Please let me know if you find out for sure Norm. Thanks! :grin:

Bucket List meal you got there! Never tried marrow but is not an option now,I gotta do it.Looks Fab as usual.Thank you for your inspirational cooks and ideas.I get stuck in rut.

Thank you Hoss! Hope you give the marrow a try! :thumb:

Color me in!
I'd share with ya Blue, thanks! :grin:

I like your choice of sides... :)

Thanks LM!! Not as good looking as your beef ribs but the beer helped. :mrgreen:

Them noodles will sure go good with them hens. Kinda made me think about dumplings. Lol. Got my kids some laying hens to take care of. Getting eggs right now. They get a little age on them the make great fresh chicken shop don't they.

That cook is fricken ridiculous. You make it look so easy and so incredibly delicious.
It has been a very long time since I had a dedicated marrow cook, love the idea of the parsley salad. A number of years ago my cousin and I went into the kitchen and saw that his wife had cooked up about 10 pounds of marrow bones, they were cooling on the counter while she ran to the store. So we proceeded to eat the whole pile, she walked in just as we sucked down the last of it and she hit the roof, apparently she had cooked them for the dog. As far as we were concerned the dog can have the bones but the marrow was way to good to give the dog.

Wow Jeanie, What a great post. fantastic pics as always. Never had marrow bones before. But beef ribs are my all time number 2. Second only to brisket. Thanks for the post.

Back