A Few Crawdads

Boil = heaven. That looks like a great trip to the lake. I live on a lake.... just in case you forgot...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And again Jeanie knocks it clear out of the park. A grand slam cook. I could really go for a bowl of that right now. Those people who do not want crawfish touching their veggies while cooking do not know what they are missing out on.
Thanks for posting.
Tom

Love me some mud bugs!

Curious what the crab trap in the first pic was for?

That was a feast!! Don't apologize for so many pictures, that's the only way the majority of us can enjoy your cooking. Very nicely done!

Thanks Ron! It was a fun weekend. I need to go fishing again! :-D

Wow......
Thanks Rick! Hope you're having a great Monday. :grin:

A fantastic cooks per usual Jeanie!
Thank you Jeremy! I'd trade some crawdads for any one of your meals. :grin:

Better be careful, if you put that crusty bread in the bowl it might get all soaked up with juices and you'll need to pick it up with your fingers and eat it.
Ed
:laugh: That's exactly what I did! Buried the bread on the bottom and covered everything with garlic butter. lol It was a mess, but so tasty! :mrgreen:
Thanks Ed!

What a great way to get yer mind off of a few things, right!?!

Thanks for the journey as always, Jeanie!

Thanks! Yep. I'm doing good! The amount of support and friendship here is overwhelming. :cool:

That’s some mighty fine lookin crawfish. Were the shells hard ?
Thanks! Yep, some of the bigger ones were pretty hard. We cleaned the leftover crawdads. My friend took the tails back to Texas and I saved some of the heads for bisque. :-D

Looks like a awesome day with some good eats
Thanks! It was a pretty day. I need to go back. lol

Jeanie that was a primo sack of jumbo's wow those look good! ~Good friends indeed to show up with those that was a fantastic boil.
Thank you Bob!! Those were some tasty bugs! I need to talk them into driving up here more often. lol Hope all is well with you!!

Boil = heaven. That looks like a great trip to the lake. I live on a lake.... just in case you forgot...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I forgot!!! :laugh: You've got it made, Kevin!! I'd be fishing every day if I had a lake in front of me. lol Thanks!

Outstanding. I am dying to try them.
:grin:

Thanks Monte! Good to see ya.

Great cook ... Great pictures .... The lake looks really relaxing ....

Thanks Mike! Very kind of you! :grin:

And again Jeanie knocks it clear out of the park. A grand slam cook. I could really go for a bowl of that right now. Those people who do not want crawfish touching their veggies while cooking do not know what they are missing out on.
Thanks for posting.
Tom

Thanks Tom! I had never been around anyone who wouldn't eat the veggies if they were in the same pot as the crawdads. lol It was funny!

Humongous Bugs.
Awesome

Thanks Adams! Some of them were close to Godzilla size! :laugh:

That was one serious crawdad boil! I'm sure everyone was deeply satisfied. :thumb:

And never apologize for too many pictures, Jeanie. The pictures always tell a great story against the backdrop of wherever you happen to be.

That looks oh so good, Jeanie. Superb cook and pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you Dom! I ate more than usual. It's too easy to snack while cooking and be full when the meal is ready to serve. lol

Love me some mud bugs!

Curious what the crab trap in the first pic was for?

Thanks Robert! It's my fish cage. The raccoons travel the bank and pull the fish stringers in... then eat the fish, all but the heads.
I took a pet kennel, covered the larger holes with chicken wire. Then I put the fish in as I catch them. The raccoons and turtles can't get to them.
It is a collapsible cage, so it's easy to carry and store. :-D

wK1C3Gx.jpg

Please forgive my ignorance, but why do they need sorting?

Matt, some of the crawfish die in transport. They picked out the dead ones and we used them for fish bait. :grin:

That was one serious crawdad boil! I'm sure everyone was deeply satisfied. :thumb:

And never apologize for too many pictures, Jeanie. The pictures always tell a great story against the backdrop of wherever you happen to be.

Thanks Richard!! :grin:

Man,,,,after lookin’ at all the great food and all,,,,
I think I would need a recliner with a rod holder,,,,,,

That is one meal that is on my bucket list for sure. We didn't have that in TN, didn't see it in TX (I think I drank all my meals at that time) & I sure don't see that out here. It looks so good! Just realized that, while my lovely wife is out of town, I could do a mini version of that with skrimps.

Great stuff as always, Jeanie, & hope things are well with you!

Great boil, J! I’m an all-in-one-pot fan, too. Suckin’ heads sound like a perfect way to spend the weekend!

And great call on the kennel covered in chicken wire! We use a wire fish basket up in the Boundary Waters as well to keep the turtles and pike out of our shore lunch. I also like to take bacon and sausage on our base camp trips... when you get to camp, put the sealed bacon and sausage in the fish basket and drop it deep below the thermocline with a bobber attached so we remember where it is... works well for us!

Man,,,,after lookin’ at all the great food and all,,,,
I think I would need a recliner with a rod holder,,,,,,
Thanks Don! :laugh: A recliner would have put me to sleep!
My camp chair is a rocker, It's almost too comfy at times. :grin:

That is one meal that is on my bucket list for sure. We didn't have that in TN, didn't see it in TX (I think I drank all my meals at that time) & I sure don't see that out here. It looks so good! Just realized that, while my lovely wife is out of town, I could do a mini version of that with skrimps.

Great stuff as always, Jeanie, & hope things are well with you!

Thanks Greg! I'm surprised you didn't have crawdads in TN, but I'm not really sure if they are found in that area. lol
I'm doing good! Hope all is well on your end of the world! :grin:

Great boil, J! I’m an all-in-one-pot fan, too. Suckin’ heads sound like a perfect way to spend the weekend!

And great call on the kennel covered in chicken wire! We use a wire fish basket up in the Boundary Waters as well to keep the turtles and pike out of our shore lunch. I also like to take bacon and sausage on our base camp trips... when you get to camp, put the sealed bacon and sausage in the fish basket and drop it deep below the thermocline with a bobber attached so we remember where it is... works well for us!
Thanks Hawkeye! Your set up sounds great! Bet you catch some delicious critters! :-D

Glad you had a chance to relax and a fine cook Jeanie.
Thank you Marty!! I'd definitely trade for one of your chicken meals! :grin:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Back