A Few Crawdads

Thanks Greg! I'm surprised you didn't have crawdads in TN, but I'm not really sure if they are found in that area. lol
I'm doing good! Hope all is well on your end of the world! :grin:

I don't remember seeing 'em except when we'd be playing in creeks (as we called 'em - "cricks"), so I saw 'em like that & they were pretty dang small. No recollection of seeing 'em like y'all got or like in Louisiana. This end of the world ain't too bad, even with all that's going on.

I don't remember seeing 'em except when we'd be playing in creeks (as we called 'em - "cricks"), so I saw 'em like that & they were pretty dang small. No recollection of seeing 'em like y'all got or like in Louisiana. This end of the world ain't too bad, even with all that's going on.

I wondered if they were in TN. We have them in my area and some of them get huge! Great that you grew up playing in cricks too Greg! Sounds like a fun childhood!! :grin:
Glad to hear you're doing all right. Hope you stay safe!

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
I'm pretty sure I could of been there Jeanie...I don't even mind Texans...Usually...

:laugh: Craig, you could have grabbed a bowl of food and wandered off like I did! It was great to see my friends, but some extras showed up and the place got too noisy for me! :grin:
Thanks! Hope all is going well in Kansas!

WOW! So that's how the Tex/OK connection does it. :thumb:

A couple of tips to still get the flavor of the boil into the corn and tatters and do it all at once if the pot is big enough.

Use a pair of panty hose. Corn in one leg and taters in the other. Tie off the top on the handle of the pot.

I've never heard of putting some of that stuff in the boil but I bet it was Great! AND Love that Catfish cage!

Forgot to add, let two live ones go from each boil. It's considered good luck.

WOW! So that's how the Tex/OK connection does it. :thumb:

A couple of tips to still get the flavor of the boil into the corn and tatters and do it all at once if the pot is big enough.

Use a pair of panty hose. Corn in one leg and taters in the other. Tie off the top on the handle of the pot.

I've never heard of putting some of that stuff in the boil but I bet it was Great! AND Love that Catfish cage!

Forgot to add, let two live ones go from each boil. It's considered good luck.

Great advice Mike, thanks! :-D
Hope you're doing some fishing when you have time! :grin:

Great advice Mike, thanks! :-D
Hope you're doing some fishing when you have time! :grin:

Last year. Been afew times since but super wet Spring here keeping the water muddy.

QciOdSt.jpg

Now that's what I call a feast. Not only looks delicious but looks like a heck of a lot of fun.

You put a new meaning into camping. Are you sure those were not baby lobsters. Some look big enough to drive your tractor. Where those shrimp OK raised

That looks very good Cowgirl! My son lives in the New Orleans area. Every time I go visit I have to try to get some crawdads. I love them!

Last year. Been afew times since but super wet Spring here keeping the water muddy.

QciOdSt.jpg
Wow! Nice ones Mike! Bet they were fun to bring in.
You've got it made. :grin:

Now that's what I call a feast. Not only looks delicious but looks like a heck of a lot of fun.
Thank you Bill! It was a nice weekend. :grin:

You put a new meaning into camping. Are you sure those were not baby lobsters. Some look big enough to drive your tractor. Where those shrimp OK raised
Thank you George!

That looks very good Cowgirl! My son lives in the New Orleans area. Every time I go visit I have to try to get some crawdads. I love them!

Thank you Leonard! I bet the crawdads and food are outstanding in your son's area! I haven't been down that way in awhile but need to go! :grin:

I forgot!!! :laugh: You've got it made, Kevin!! I'd be fishing every day if I had a lake in front of me. lol Thanks!

It was a not so successful attempt to shame you into an Arbuckle Lake Boil... Don't you just love the sound of that?

:=)

From someone that can only get crawfish from china, and frozen, and they are tiny from what I see of yours. That is ambroshia! I can't belive the small plate you put together! Although it is beautiful. I'd have a heaping helping of that gold. I'm so jealous! You always rock it Jeanie! Thtat is just heaven for me, i love shellfish! Thank you for the inspiratioin!

Again, I am so jealous, lol

It was a not so successful attempt to shame you into an Arbuckle Lake Boil... Don't you just love the sound of that?

:=)

Shoot! A boil at Arbuckle would be great! I pass through that area every so often but haven't stopped in awhile. I love the trees! :grin:

From someone that can only get crawfish from china, and frozen, and they are tiny from what I see of yours. That is ambroshia! I can't belive the small plate you put together! Although it is beautiful. I'd have a heaping helping of that gold. I'm so jealous! You always rock it Jeanie! Thtat is just heaven for me, i love shellfish! Thank you for the inspiratioin!

Again, I am so jealous, lol

I feel for you George! Those darned chinese crawfish aren't very big.
I ate plenty before and after the small bowl. :laugh:
Thanks George! Hope all is well!

This time, instead of adding the crawdads and shrimp. We dumped the veggies and did the crawdads separate. Long story. lol Can you believe, some people don't want crawdads touching their veggies? :laugh:

These people are wrong, plane and simple :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Great looking cook, I love a low country boil. :clap2:

Back