A Few Crawdads

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
jeanie
Finger food again. I have made this a lot, it's one of my favorites. lol

Went with Swamp Dust to season the water...

Qzqu7Nc.jpg

also salt, cayenne, lemon, garlic, onion, smoked sausage....

wPeDiYl.jpg

olive oil, coarse salt and cracked black pepper on the corn before wrapping in bacon...

pCZOk6q.jpg

5DOhse4.jpg

Into the drum...

1GxDkHf.jpg

ZvhL5OG.jpg

added my tatoes...

Tn3zUBb.jpg

when the tatoes were almost tender, I added the bacon wrapped corn..

RmIF7Ny.jpg

OiZpzrN.jpg

added some crawdads next...

9AHZj1H.jpg

then the shrimp...

5ZPAwOg.jpg

lastly a few crab legs to catch some smoke...

3BtVoq6.jpg

eEk10kO.jpg

KoTZPm7.jpg

jaOd3iB.jpg

uJJYRb3.jpg

xjRNKcb.jpg

pQnPkx9.jpg

68LoEHi.jpg

That's pretty much it. Served with garlic bread, garlic butter, horseradish sauce and a cold beer. Supper was ready!

Sorry for the repeat, but thanks for looking!

I like the one in the last picture, just chilling in his butter bath surrounded by some friends.

BRAVO!! how does the bacon wrapped corn turn out? Frozen corn or fresh corn?

Thanks! I make this a lot. lol I love the corn. I try to cover as many of the kernals as possible with the bacon. The bacon keeps the corn moist. This was fresh corn but I have used frozen before with no problem. :grin:

OMG! Never have I seen such a delicious looking spread. Wow. Just wow.
Thanks so much! The addition of smoke from the cooker, adds a lot! :grin:

I like the one in the last picture, just chilling in his butter bath surrounded by some friends.

:laugh: Thanks! I had my hands full and really wanted to take a bite of a crawdad tail. I didn't know what to do with the head, so I plopped it down in the butter while I snacked.

Good LAWD!!!

I love it, the cowgirl cooks a meal that’d make Paul
Prudhomme blush and she sums it up by saying “That’s pretty much it” like she just heated up a can of beanie weenies’. :laugh:

Looks FANTASTIC Jeanie!

Good LAWD!!!

I love it, the cowgirl cooks a meal that’d make Paul
Prudhomme blush and she sums it up by saying “That’s pretty much it” like she just heated up a can of beanie weenies’. :laugh:

Looks FANTASTIC Jeanie!

:laugh: Made me laugh!! Thanks Jeremy!! :mrgreen:

Jeanie, you could keep this on repeat as long as you could stand it, and I'd keep drooling.

Thanks so much Shadow! I'm glad you don't mind the repeat. :grin:

Everything looks awesome Jeanie bet it tasted even better than it looks.

Thanks Kevin! I could probably eat crawdads and crab several times a week. lol
I envy you living so close to fresh seafood. :grin:

:laugh: Thanks! I had my hands full and really wanted to take a bite of a crawdad tail. I didn't know what to do with the head, so I plopped it down in the butter while I snacked.

There are plenty of jokes to be made here, but I'll refrain! Lol. Interesting concept you have there, can't say I've ever in my life even seen someone mix billing seafood in one pot here. You're either in the mood for crawfish or shrimp, but not both unless they are fried.

I'll see Marty's 5 stars and raise you 3 more stars!! That is one amazing looking cook, and I will echo Marc's comments, you can post this cook as often as you would like and it will never get old. WOW!!!

Back