A Crawfish Po'boy

As fantastic as that po-boy looks, and it does look fantastic, my takeaway is the breaded fries. That is GENIUS! :shock:

Oh Boy does that look incredible! I don't know which looks better the sammy or the fries.....love me some French fries....and crawfish....FANTASTIC!

Looks great Jeanie!

We are having shrimp poboys and boiled crawfish this afternoon at my Dad's. This post has me looking forward to it even more.

Never could understand the Po'boy name, heck if I had one of those I'd think I just won the lottery. Nice work Jeanie, save a page in your book for this one.

Thanks so much everybody! You're a kind group of friends. :-D

I think I'd be able to eat a couple of those!

Great idea on the fries jeanie. :)

Thanks Norm! I love cornmeal catfish coating on french fried tatoes. These hash browns turned out well too. They were great "hot" out of the fryer and later, when cooled, they tasted like a seasoned tatoe chip. I'll be making them again soon. :thumb:

You didn't have an overcooked/dryness issue deep frying already cooked tail meat or did the soaking help them stay moist? I have several bags of tails in the freezer from a boil about 4 weeks ago. Usually I'll just add them to warm through at the last minute in whatever dish I'm making. Just curious as most seafood Po'Boys I make start with raw product. BTW, that sammie does look good.:-D

Thanks! Not dry at all. The milk soak might be the reason. Also the double dipping. :thumb:

Looks perfect. How far south did you go?

Thank you Badgerjacob, good to see ya! Went to Galveston with some friends. Brought back shrimp, the tails and a few fish. Still envy your set up. I could live on fresh caught seafood year round. You've got it made!

Looks delicious Jeanie, is 6:30am to early to be craving a Po'boy and Beer? :becky:

lol Not too early at all Kevin! Thanks! :becky:

Looks great Jeanie!

We are having shrimp poboys and boiled crawfish this afternoon at my Dad's. This post has me looking forward to it even more.

That sounds great!! I haven't boiled crawfish in awhile. Bet your cookout is going to be fantastic! Thanks!

Wow Jeanie that looks amazing, I've never han a seafood po boy but by the looks of that I'd love it.

Joe, I had a catfish, oyster, crawfish po'boy while down at the gulf a couple weeks ago. Really liked the fried catfish. I need to give that a try!

Good thing there are four states between us. You'd get tired of me stopping by for lunch for everyday! :biggrin:

Never could understand the Po'boy name, heck if I had one of those I'd think I just won the lottery. Nice work Jeanie, save a page in your book for this one.

Something to do with a union strike in the early 1900's, if I recall.

Found more info here than what I could come up with off the top of my head.

http://www.poboyfest.com/history

Back