• Jerk Chicken Sando

Phrasty

Babbling Farker
A little bit of Chicken throw down action over here.

Been doing a bit of "Focaccia Fridays" at work recently where we make a fresh focaccia fill it with some goodness we have in the fridge. Last week we filled it with half a Smoked Jerk Chicken... These two birds literally made 5 sandwiches! :heh:

Lightly rubbed them down with my blended out Jerk marinade vac-bagged and let the birds sit in the chiller overnight then tossed them on the weber, ass to the fire with a bit of oak and apple smoke for about an hour and a half til the leg & thighs were pull tender & the breasts were still nice & juicy. Took them off the fire, rested for 15 mins then separated meat from bone.

With the fresh focaccia out the oven we assembled the sandwich from the bottom up with a schmear of house made confit garlic aioli > a handful of that smoked chicken meat > chopped chicken skin > 2 slices of quality mozzarella for creaminess > a dollop of bacon onion jam I also made to add a bit of sweetness > and obligatory lettuce cuz I'm trynna be healthy :thumb: lol

It all kinda looked like this:
gYt2FXVh.jpg

DlT4hpLh.jpg

ep8sCGCh.jpg

I don't think the pic of the sandwich does justice to how big it actually was... that's an 8" plate. :shock: Anyways it was inhaled in record time along with the rest of the days productivity... :doh::becky:

Cheers

Last edited:
That focaccia is a thing of beauty. Care to share the recipe?

Thanks man! Here's the Focaccia breakdown:
100% flour
2.5% salt
0.25% yeast
3% oil
70-80% water

Mix and rest for a day or two
Proof at room temp for an hour or two
Then do the finger thing right before you bake it lol

YUM. Nicely done. I would love some of that. Nice to see you posting

Missed you guys too Big George! I'll try stick around for a bit this time :thumb:

Cheers

Thanks man! Here's the Focaccia breakdown:
100% flour
2.5% salt
0.25% yeast
3% oil
70-80% water

Mix and rest for a day or two
Proof at room temp for an hour or two
Then do the finger thing right before you bake it lol

Missed you guys too Big George! I'll try stick around for a bit this time :thumb:

Cheers

Thanks. Whats the time, temp, and do you use humidity?

Back