A Buddy And I Went Up To The Cabin

Buy a blink camera system, been running 1 for 3 years no $ for a company to monitor it, no wires to run simple screw a bracket and snap camera in place or set it somewhere , i think i paid $250 for 4 camera, now you can talk to somebody if they activate 1 .

I call them possums too. :grin: They sure are annoying. Around here I get a lot of raccoons and a bear or two occasionally but they usually mind their business.

Speaking of 1911's I miss my 45 Sig. I regret selling it. One of my favorite guns.

1911-Carry.jpg

We have plenty of coons and about 8 bears on the OK/AR border :). Never owned/shot a Sig 45, but I've also never seen anything that said SIG on it that wasn't top-shelf.

Sako, my friend... NEVER, NEVER sell a gun. Keep them. Buy more. But - say it with me - NEVER, NEVER sell a gun.

Glad no damage. Great looking burger!

Meaningless side note: Got a carryout medium rare burger at a local restaurant couple days ago. Burger itself was great but the bun was brioche and wrecked the overall experience. Way too sweet. Ended up eating it without the bun. I have an issue with pretzel buns also because they're generally too sweet.

Thank Erik!

Funny think is I love both brioche and pretezel buns. Gotta say though they are not created equal. I don't like sweet either but the brioche buns I get have a little sweet to them but it's mostly from the sweet butter. And the pretzel buns are really good at a local chain store who brings them in. They're more malty than sweet and I love it.

These are the brioche buns and I've seen them at wally world also. When they say made in Canada those are the ones you need to get. Good stuff imho.

large_f60f75e3-15f8-48df-9e94-a8daff307d64.jpg

Buy a blink camera system, been running 1 for 3 years no $ for a company to monitor it, no wires to run simple screw a bracket and snap camera in place or set it somewhere , i think i paid $250 for 4 camera, now you can talk to somebody if they activate 1 .

Also you get 100 minutes of storage for clips for free, easy to review and delete,

Thank you! I've got options look like.

You have great taste. I love a classic cheeseburger. A really fine one is greater than the sum of its parts. That one looks mighty fine.

I did plenty of fancy burgers but I've been loving the classic burgers lately. Agreed. :nod:

Front door open, blah blah blah...

That PATTY though!!!

I’ll take two patties and a glass of jack neat please!

I think I still have a patty or two but Jack's gone. :becky:

We have plenty of coons and about 8 bears on the OK/AR border :). Never owned/shot a Sig 45, but I've also never seen anything that said SIG on it that wasn't top-shelf.

Sako, my friend... NEVER, NEVER sell a gun. Keep them. Buy more. But - say it with me - NEVER, NEVER sell a gun.

I hardly do but they offer some ridiculous amounts $$ when pickin's get slim around here. I sell then when everything calms down I go buy a new one. :becky:

Agree on Sig. This is hands down my fav piece. This is "the" gun for me. p226 x5 9mm

226x5e-9-cl.jpg

We installed a blink security system (no I’m not promoting blink) really like it. Sends us a notice when ever there is movement. So far just wildlife we enjoy watching, but does give us a piece of mind. It was funny how fast the neighbors knew we had cameras up.

That had to be unsettling. Nice Sig. I almost bought one years ago but went Glock and stayed with them.

Our special response team at the job I retired from used Sigs and loved them.

Food looked wonderful as well.

I bet when you seen that door open you felt that sick feeling in your gut.
Glad all was okay and you recovered with a awesome burger.

That cabin looks awesome
Nice little 9mm I pack one just about everywhere we go now.

I use the Blink cameras also and like them. Sig's Legion line up is pretty sweet, it's my keep under the pillow surprise for the times we're in.

Love the burger, I'll have to look for the buns next time I'm at wally world. Thanks for sharing, great story!

Sako,

Glad everything was fine. Did you have any moths? I ask because we went up to Big Bear over the 4th of July only to encounter Mothageton! :mmph:

Somehow moths had got gotten into our place and multiplied to the point there were hundreds. We killed as many as we could with both fly-swatters and a vacuum cleaner and thought we got most of them. We settled down for the night and found that that is when then come out of hiding and had them landing on me as I was trying to sleep. (My wife was sleeping in a different room or everyone on the planet would've heard the screams :shock:)

They were still everywhere and so we had to resort to chemical warfare. The next day I went down and purchased 12 Bug Bombs. When I got back we set 6 of them off and went for a nice long drive on some mountains roads over by Holcomb Valley. They seemed to take care of most of them and we vacuumed up the carnage but there were still a few that were "only mostly dead".

tenor.gif

(This is what the extra 6 Bug Bombs were for, as we set these off as we were leaving to go home)

On the night of the 4th we were out driving and came back around 9:30 and noticed a light on in our neighbors house. This is normal for his place but this time we also saw a lot of movement fluttering around. His place had them too. We called him to give him the bad news.

Last edited:
That sucks Jeff! Luckily only invaders were flies. A bunch of them. Much cooler inside the cabin so they came in.

Bears have been a real problem this year. I
always make sure there is no trash or food left behind when I leave so that saved me. Racoons, coyotes, bears, deer, mice etc you name it could've got in but with no food it wasn't appealing. They're quick too because once a friend didn't properly lock my animal proof container and the raccoons were having a party with the rib bones. Aggressive as fark too.

Sako,

Glad everything was fine. Did you have any moths? I ask because we went up to Big Bear over the 4th of July only to encounter Mothageton! :mmph:

Somehow moths had got gotten into our place and multiplied to the point there were hundreds. We killed as many as we could with both fly-swatters and a vacuum cleaner and thought we got most of them. We settled down for the night and found that that is when then come out of hiding and had them landing on me as I was trying to sleep. (My wife was sleeping in a different room or everyone on the planet would've heard the screams :shock:)

They were still everywhere and so we had to resort to chemical warfare. The next day I went down and purchased 12 Bug Bombs. When I got back we set 6 of them off and went for a nice long drive on some mountains roads over by Holcomb Valley. They seemed to take care of most of them and we vacuumed up the carnage but there were still a few that were "only mostly dead".

tenor.gif

(This is what the extra 6 Bug Bombs were for, as we set these off as we were leaving to go home)

On the night of the 4th we were out driving and came back around 9:30 and noticed a light on in our neighbors house. This is normal for his place but this time we also saw a lot of movement fluttering around. His place had them too. We called him to give him the bad news.

Just to muck things up a bit. I got a Ring II off of Woot.com really cheap and we love it. Super easy to set up and great app with an optional cheap subscription but, not necessary. Gotta plug my fav with a cheap photo opp. Not one ZERO incidents ever with this...she's a runner! 3" easy carry

Attachments

• IMG_20200831_095207.jpg
    IMG_20200831_095207.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 54
If you hear a ruckus in the kitchen after you go to bed Sako, no worries.
It's probably the intruder digging through the refrigerator looking for killer burger leftovers. :thumb:

Back