THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Juggy D Beerman

Full Fledged Farker
Yo to all, I have one half-pan of (I can't believe I am saying this) Pork Belly Burnt Ends that are cooked and need to be held above 140F until I serve them in a few hours. When I went to my locked up soccer mom van to retrieve something, I noticed it was hot, hot, hot inside the van. I had my thermopen on me so I placed it on the dashboard of the van, shut the door and watched the temperature rise. When it reached almost 160F, I found my new Cambro! I wrapped the half pan in a towel and on to the dashboard it went and I shut the van door. That should hold the meat above 140F until serving time.

We hear of these horror stories of children and even elderly people overheating and dying from being locked in the cars. It was 95F in the shade and at 160F in my van. Respect the heat and check your back seat when exiting the vehicle. Stay hydrated and cool! - Juggy

I can't believe the price of coolers nowadays. I seen a cooler not much bigger then my Island breeze $20 cooler i bought a decade ago, for $400 dollars. How hard is it to drill a few pilot holes in a cheap cooler and buy a $4 can of great stuff to insulate it?

Back