THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I feel so sad....................................:sad:

Today I had to make a very difficult decision. Because of all the traveling the beast does I noticed a bunch of air bubbles forming in its packaging. So with all the in an out I felt it best to............sniffle sniffle...............freeze it :Cry::Cry::Cry:.

Since I'm still not sure when I will cook it this will negate anything bad happening or potentially losing it. I've wet aged for well over 60 days (74 is my new high), but again with all the in and out why chance it. Plus I've frozen brisket many times before, but this time was just so hard :pray:.

So here is it right after I put it in there and then shut the door.

It pretty much went down 100% exactly like this...........
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO-KR-14uXM"]I Know - YouTube[/ame]

.......Well except there was way more of me kissing it goodbye and there was definitely a ton more Wookie screaming (like an uncomfortable amount), along with Milli Vanillia's "Girl You Know It's True" blaring in the background :becky:

I miss it already
funeral.gif

This is maybe the best thread I've ever seen on the Brethren. And that's saying a lot.

Don't stress; you can thaw him out and play again in the future.

Don't stress; you can thaw him out and play again in the future.

This is very true. Looking forward to the thaw. Though my buddy has a genius idea of taking it frozen to the event I'm going to this weekend and letting people take pictures with it for $2 or whatever the going rate is for pictures with large pieces of meat :loco:

This is very true. Looking forward to the thaw. Though my buddy has a genius idea of taking it frozen to the event I'm going to this weekend and letting people take pictures with it for $2 or whatever the going rate is for pictures with large pieces of meat :loco:

I know that pork butts normally charge $2.99 for autographed photos, so I would think you would be safe to ask $3.49 or so. Just my two cents.

Just chillin in the fridge while I cook some of his buddies at a friend's party.:clap2::becky:

The best thing is my one buddy bought the meat for me to cook and my other buddy has all the bourbon and scotch at his house. Gonna be a rough day.
Best picture EVER!!!!!!!:clap2:

Best picture EVER!!!!!!!:clap2:

It was a fun day. I do cook on my SF a bit, but not very often do I get to sit out there with a drink and my close buddies.

Trying to plan the big brisket cook to get as many folks together as possible, but the holidays are tough with not everyone in town or having other plans. It looks like I will try to cook it sometime in Dec though.

Back