28lb Brisket at RD!! Can't Not Buy It Right?! (pics of the monster inside)

He's just waiting....

I think he's just waiting for the day when Dad takes him on the cross-thread roadtrip to see the other "Best of the Brethren" thread poster, and his hero, Jeremy in Niles, MI.

big brisky.jpg

lm-prizedpig.jpg

the-prized-pig.jpg

Got lucky last weekend at an event and had to show the beast it would be in good hands (mostly because of my wife) when the day finally comes. It was also checking out the Brethren as normal. It's been lurking a lot in the Wood Pile recently :crazy::doh:

With the holidays soon approaching I still don't have an exact date. Thought it would be early Dec, but now have a few gatherings to attend. What could be very very cool is that it might be a Christmas or Christmas Eve Day cook with my family!! :clap2::-D. Not 100% on that yet, but might be the case.

Drink the bourbon and cook this thing already! We all want to see the 20lb tumor that grew inside this 8lb brisket!

Trust me I want to cook it too :mrgreen:. Would have been this weekend, but we are taking a short impromptu trip on Saturday. I could cook it most Sundays, but it needs to be on a day when I can drink and then recover and also have friends over to do the same :-D.

Will definitely be in December at the latest. There is a small chance it could happen next Saturday.

Resist the temptation to cook ...... just have another bourbon ... or two .... instead ....

It's getting tough as I want to cook the damn thing. Though we'll get to that day and it will probably be like any other brisket cook other than just take a little longer..............and lots of crying..............and Lionel Richie music play..............

So come to think of it, it will just be a normal brisket cook :becky:

Back