28lb Brisket at RD!! Can't Not Buy It Right?! (pics of the monster inside)

I'm guessing at least 5lbs gets trimmed off.

The fat cap really doesn't seem that thick. I really don't trim much off my home brisket. Just the hard kernel and a little between flat and point like this.

But I never touch the fat cap. That's too much effort. So we'll just have to guess:becky:.

Plus I want it as big as I can to smoke it full sized.

Wife's prepping multiple cheesecake batters in her brand new Kitchenaid and the beast had to come out and see what was happening. It has tried before to taste it, but still doesn't get that it is a brisket and can't eat cheesecake :crazy:. She's even trying a new one as practice for an event we have coming up. I love practice :-D.

Seeing this pic really reminds me of how damn thick it is :becky:.

Since I won't be at my house for Thanksgiving dinner I figured I would let the beast out and "meet" one of the frozen turkeys I pick up at Publix so it could "experience Thanksgiving".........wink wink..............what they heck are we even talking about anymore in this thread :becky::crazy:. Maybe I'll save the turkey for the day I also cook that brisket and they can "meet" again.

Oh also I am almost 100% certain the beast will be getting smoked the day after Christmas at my parents who live close. I'll bring over my SF and cook it with a bunch of other stuff and have lots of family over to go nuts :clap2:.

Dec 26th can't get here soon enough :whoo:

haha try reading this thread backwards! I was like "hmm what in the world is going on here?" You've got brisket hanging out with some booze, standing up between briskets! That's a monster!

Feeding the beast dinner tonight. It likes to watch "In the Kitchen with David" on QVC :-D.

That's awesome, first time I've seen jack daniels in a baby chair LOL

I'm guessing from that and the diaper and wipes in front of the TV your wife has been babysitting? Does the brisket help with the baby? LOL

I'm guessing from that and the diaper and wipes in front of the TV your wife has been babysitting? Does the brisket help with the baby? LOL

Yes the wipes and diapers are 100% definitely for babysitting.................nothing else weird.................for the brisket........................or anyone else at this house..................:twitch::twitch::twitch::twitch:

Except that it's Beam :wink:

Monster brisky there. I picked up 2 last weekend for Turkey day and they are probably the size that yours craps.

That said...I don't think I'd like to meet the steer that thing came off of.

Yes the wipes and diapers are 100% definitely for babysitting.................nothing else weird.................for the brisket........................or anyone else at this house..................:twitch::twitch::twitch::twitch:

Haha! That's what I thought. Totally wasn't expecting a pic of your wife "changing" the brisket after reading the rest of this thread! LOL

Back