I forgot how good Neil's nuts taste.....

Wampus

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
.....until I put em in my mouth! :rolleyes:

Did 12 lbs of NEIL'S NUTS today.

Smoked em at 250 for about 2 hours with some apple smoke.
As always, turned out great!

I turned down the spicy a little and only used a little cayenne.
Gonna be giving most all of em away for gifts to the kids' teachers, mail lady, our priests, and all those other people who mean something to us.

photo 2.jpg

photo 1.jpg

Looks great. I wouldn't mind giving 12 pounds worth of nuts away...

I forgot how much Neil enjoys having his nuts getting around...those look great

I thought for sure this needed to be in the WP. I am sure it will get there...

I want some Neil nuts...:shocked:

Please post how we get to Neil's nuts. :thumb:

My whole family is enjoying Neil's nuts right now. Tomorrow my co-workers will be enjoying Neil's nuts and I'm sure Neil's nuts will be a huge hit at the holiday parties for my kid's martial arts dojos.

I've been putting BPS jalapeno salt on 'em - farking delicious! :clap2:

Only 3# of nuts here, so I feel a little inadequate. :oops:

awful nice of you to spread your nuts around for the holidays!

When you work them nuts just right, the payoff is certainly worth it! :eek:

Question. I had never heard of a grill wok until this thread. Amazon shows several different types, some with holes and some that appear to be a typical wok or cast iron wok. Do I need one with holes? Can I just use a cast iron skillet?

Big dog made some of those nuts at the American Royal a few years ago. OMG they had a great heat to them. Those sure were good though.

Question. I had never heard of a grill wok until this thread. Amazon shows several different types, some with holes and some that appear to be a typical wok or cast iron wok. Do I need one with holes? Can I just use a cast iron skillet?

I have both kinds.
I have a cast iron wok for use on the grill and I have a few of the "grill woks" or"grill baskets" that have the holes in them that I've used for various things.

For THIS application, you'll want to use the one with the holes so that the smoke can better get to all the nuts. If you just use a pan that'll work too, but you just won't get as good smoke to all the nuts unless you stir more often.

To be honest, since I did so many this time around, I used 4 whole foil pans and punched a bunch of holes in the bottom of the pan for the smoke. As long as the holes aren't big enough that the nuts will fall through, you're good to go! Another thing to think about is how many nuts are in each pan. The more nuts, the less amount the smoke gets to each one. This is why I used 4 pans: 3 lbs of nuts per pan. I was able to get them spread out in nice even layers.

Back