Frist brisket on the Lone Star

Is that one of them elusive left handed briskets? [emoji1787]
There was a time that I would cook a brisket nearly every weekend for months. They used to be cheap. That's the best way to learn.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Funny was watching something with Aaron Franklin talking about the theory of left handed briskets a few days ago. All I know is it's the strangest looking dam brisket I ever cooked.

Ate regular left overs Monday, made a few lunches for the freezer and gave some to one of the guests. Wife made a meal of the last of it last night.

I was struggling not to lick the plate afterwards!
(Yes those are candied jalapenos, I am shamelessly completely addicted to them)

RZygHAb.jpg

Funny was watching something with Aaron Franklin talking about the theory of left handed briskets a few days ago. All I know is it's the strangest looking dam brisket I ever cooked.

Ate regular left overs Monday, made a few lunches for the freezer and gave some to one of the guests. Wife made a meal of the last of it last night.

I was struggling not to lick the plate afterwards!
(Yes those are candied jalapenos, I am shamelessly completely addicted to them)

RZygHAb.jpg

Looks great!!!

Candied jalapenos? Please share the recipe... that sounds amazing!!

Looks great!!!

Candied jalapenos? Please share the recipe... that sounds amazing!!

The recipe is I tell wife to buy another jar full! Hah.

I'm sure they would be easy to make as well but they are very inexpensive around here. Flavor is a little sweet and a little spicy. Together the combination is just awesome. Particularly in chili. Oh man they are so good in chili...

Also fantastic poured out on top of cream cheese block and served with wheat thins as an appetizer. There is never any left.

I'm sure they would be easy to make as well but they are very inexpensive around here. Flavor is a little sweet and a little spicy. Together the combination is just awesome. Particularly in chili. Oh man they are so good in chili...

Also fantastic poured out on top of cream cheese block and served with wheat thins as an appetizer. There is never any left.

Wow!! I've never seen these before. Thanks for the tip, I'm going to have to find some.

We'll definitely be adding to our shopping list!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I am a huge fan of brisket, but I think I'm more enamored with your cooker than your brisket :) Been a fan of LSG for a few years, yet I never pull the trigger on one of their products. For the price, you can't beat those little cookers in my mind anyways.

Back