Smoked Almonds

LYU370

Resident Idjit

Batch Image
Batch Image
Staff member
Name or Nickame
Andy
Did you know there is a Foods you love throwdown going on? It's not too late to enter.

I LOVE putting Neil's Nuts in my mouth... Didn't have all the ingredients, so I decided to go "Adams" on em instead. MSU.

Looking for spicy sweet... Used Allegro marinade, dark soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, maple syrup, egg white, bourbon (just because I can), garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, Oakridge Crucible, smoked paprika, chili powder. Thought I had some sambal oleck, but I did not, so I added extra garlic powder & siracha.

BYSlBtOh.jpg

Mix everything together with an occasional stir for about an hour. Stir em up a few times.

pMpewWsh.jpg

Into the FEC for about 2 hours

aFY2zBXh.jpg

Done... Make sure you let them cool off before you try them to see if they are ready. If they're still hot, they'll be soft. Give em about 5 minutes before testing to see if the crunch factor is to your liking.

GrUNLf3h.jpg

Hit the mark, starts off a little sweet, then the spice hits the sides of your tongue a few seconds later. And the heat keeps building for a while. :thumb:

tHzw9JHh.jpg

Thanks for looking.

I'd lick your nuts all day long Andy! Thanks for the idea! I'm gonna try that.

And............how can I ask this without stirring up the pot.............how come there was no Malort involved........anywhere???

Back