These were frozen wings on the 007. The fire was so hot I think they were thawed in 2 minutes.

Perfect crispy skin!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyrc7wcoxj0&feature=youtu.be"]hotwings - YouTube[/ame]

Franklin style turkey breast

Note this pic Keith. Its a night photo with a camera phone. It came out good though because i drank several imperial Russian stouts and some Wellers.

Franklin style turkey breast
Note this pic Keith. Its a night photo with a camera phone. It came out good though because i drank several imperial Russian stouts and some Wellers.
Hmmmm my camera phone is a Wally World Special....NOT a fancy Florida Room model Steve! lol

BTW nice breast you have there. :biggrin1:

These were very similar to skins but were much more substantial. Used medium potatoes, kept them hole for the scoop out. Stuffed with sweet and spicy pork sausage, sweet pureed onions and topped with lots of cheese.

Last edited:
Here's a must have for the 007 users. Go to HF or wherever and get yourself a heat gun. (at least 2 speeds)

On one of the prior cooks I let the coal base go down to basically nothing so starting a new cook where I needed some good heat I had to start from scratch. Thankfully I picked up this heat gun because it made pretty quick refurbishing of the coal base.

This video is it on low.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKd0UpT5Cqs"]Harbor Freight Heat Gun for stoking your fire. - YouTube[/ame]

Here's a few cook pics. Poblanos I went indirect mode since they were bacon wrapped and didn't want the peppers cooked before the bacon.

Tostada pizzas direct

Bacon wrapped poblanos

Breakfast pizza

Man you sure know how to make a guy real hungry. Youre quite the accomplished outdoor chef. Great looking food

Man you sure know how to make a guy real hungry. Youre quite the accomplished outdoor chef. Great looking food
Just using a good outdoor oven :-D Low airflow heat and good clean smoke make for easy cooking.

007 version 1.0 is out of storage for a road trip tomorrow. She'll be cooking up 18-20 burgers and hotdogs. This one makes a better travler since it doesn't have the side shelf to deal with.

A real wood fire makes for some tasty burgers!

Smoke Ninja's Shredder mod for the win today....Oops I mean the wind! Had to go on the road today and Steve's wind break saved the day.

I want to make one you can just hang on and move to where you need it.

Last edited:
Im coming for your throne king

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OewATMLOQxY"]Baltimore Bullet "I Taught You Everything You Know, But I Didn't Teach You Everything I Know" - YouTube[/ame]

Looks like I am really late to the game on this thread. I was looking to make a UDS and really like this mod.

Quick question on it if people are still listening.

Is it possible to still use it as a UDS with the flat top when you want to and go 007 style also? Looks like it would be but I wanted to check.

Looks like I am really late to the game on this thread. I was looking to make a UDS and really like this mod.

Quick question on it if people are still listening.

Is it possible to still use it as a UDS with the flat top when you want to and go 007 style also? Looks like it would be but I wanted to check.

Edited for bad info!

Last edited:
Dave passed away???? I'm so so sorry to hear that. Oh man.

You can remove that top grill, as Pat said.

Sadly, Dave (Fwismoker) passed away a while back.

I'm pretty sure the grill is removable and the lid can be used per usual.

Steve (smoke ninja) will probably be along to answer when he gets off work.

I had no idea ...

Back