your watch has ended

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
I've had my drum for almost 8 years. it started as a rotisserie bird barrel and then the 007 raised grate system before I modded it to operate as a traditional UDS. it's seen lots of food. I'm sure all those live fires helped to shorten the life span. the bottom of the drum rusted out and on this last cook I couldn't control the temp. it just ran away even with the intakes closed. managed to finish out the cook successfully using my incredible skills as a pitmaster :wink:

here it is as a drum, precooker

first cook was rotisserie ribs

here's the drum now...not a stitch of paint left

and the last ride ribs

this is my favorite cooker by far. with the raised grate I've done bread and pizza. makes the best chicken rotisseried over an open fire. it was great at long brisket and butt cooks, temps held steady all night. it saw me through my first bbq comp and watched as I hit my pellet phase only to be right there whenever I needed.

take your leave my friend

Sort of like pets. Though loved for years, eventually gets to the point you have to put them down rather than watch them suffer.

I know how you feel ......... SinLee - my Sexy Chinese kamado - died from Cancer last month. It was Sad........

R.I.P. SinLee

xZa7UzPl.jpg

Last edited:
I know how you feel ......... SinLee - my Sexy Chinese kamado - died from Cancer last month. It was Sad........

R.I.P. SinLee

xZa7UzPl.jpg

What failed on it? Update: I read your post on the other thread. Inner sleeve failed. Btw, I think Charbroil still has those in stock. I saw them when I was looking for the metal air intake port (which they no longer make).

Last edited:
The drum in the background is now about 15 years old, and is showing a little rust with patina. I've repainted the lid twice. The drum in the foreground is one or two years younger, but it's stored inside and used for special cooks or loaned to friends.

hzeptd1.jpg

Back