A few blackstone griddle cooks

TuscaloosaQ

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Well when i am at the refinery.. And it is running good i get bored so thought i would post a few griddle cooks... Now mine aren't pretty like Jens... Shagdog... And SSV ... But they taste good

Made some salmon crochets the other day.. I use double Q because my mamma did....

Did 2 cans because i love them... So does Tyler... Sharon can eat them too.. She is beginning to like them...

The seasoning

http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s471
/TuscaloosaQ/60F02F1A-0E3F-4C8F-B058-3F7E0A82C3A3.jpg

Added bell pepper ... Onion...and three eggs... Just enough flower to make them stick together

On the griddle

Getting close

They are done.. I love them.. Cheap food... Growing up they fed our whole family

The next cook is catfish not battered... And some of shagdog's andouille he made... It is awesome.. The andouille....

It is done.... I love the catfish like this ... Very tasty
I do have a Cajun fryer by RV works... Yes battered catfish is great... But i have had a lifestyle change... For now till i get to my goal weight... I am down 20 pounds and feel great....

The next cook is London broil.... Boneless chicken ... Peppers and onion.. Squash and zucchini...

Next is.... Turkey Italian sausage... Shrimp

The next cook is turkey italian sausage... Peppers and onions...
And... Shaved beef...

The griddle is getting a lot of use.... And for being a good boy... Ie eating good i got a treat of 3 scoops of chocolate almond yogurt... Sharon and my dogs are losing weight also.. Not that they needed to

Getting down to my fighting weight again

I don't know what you looked like before, but right now yall look great.
Food looks outstanding. Catfish looks crazy good.
Actually everything does. But that catfish has me pondering things really hard.

Looks amazing! I figured it out the blackstone scheme!! the blackstone owners are trying to convert the smokers into buying a blackstone! way to go! :clap:

ITS WORKING! keep it up! The wife would kill me but I'm about to hit the buy button!:decision:

Last edited:
Looks amazing! I figured it out the blackstone scheme!! the blackstone owners are trying to convert the smokers into buying a blackstone! way to go! :clap:

ITS WORKING! keep it up! The wife would kill me but I'm about to hit the buy button!:decision:

It will be worth it .. I use mine about 5 out of 7 days... It is awesome

I don't know what you looked like before, but right now yall look great.
Food looks outstanding. Catfish looks crazy good.
Actually everything does. But that catfish has me pondering things really hard.

Thx Adams... The catfish is crazy good on the griddle... I just used a little garlic powder ... And that was it... I. Cook a lot of ground turkey... Just trying to eat a little better.... So i can get more treats:becky:

Looks amazing! Thanks for sharing. Now I know what to ask for when my birthday comes up:grin:

I have a question, Does cooking with the blackstone effect your "lifestyle changes"? Can you cook decently health foods with it? Thinkin about going on a slight life style change on the things I eat, but it would be nice to know how to use the blackstone while changing the way you eat and such. I'm the guy that would always batter catfish :D

Great cooking, and good job on getting into fighting shape, that's a little something I gotta work on myself :shock:.

KC

I have a question, Does cooking with the blackstone effect your "lifestyle changes"? Can you cook decently health foods with it? Thinkin about going on a slight life style change on the things I eat, but it would be nice to know how to use the blackstone while changing the way you eat and such. I'm the guy that would always batter catfish :D

I am from Alabama.. So we ate fried everything ... The griddle has been a great asset... Once seasoned i use a little olive oil... That is it.... We cook all our veggies on it... And meats also.... It is working for me... And it is easy... My doctors were very happy.... Diets don't work for me.. This change came about of my on doing.... Just wanted some changes.... It is an AWesome tool.. The griddle

I am from Alabama.. So we ate fried everything ... The griddle has been a great asset... Once seasoned i use a little olive oil... That is it.... We cook all our veggies on it... And meats also.... It is working for me... And it is easy... My doctors were very happy.... Diets don't work for me.. This change came about of my on doing.... Just wanted some changes.... It is an AWesome tool.. The griddle

That's good to know! I just got my offset smoker, then everyone started bragging about these blackstones. Considering changing the types of food I eat for once. I eat a lot of mac and cheese and fried stuff, on top of take out haha. If i purchase this griddle I do plan on making it my kitchen! I see no reason to cook on anything else unless it was the smoker or the oven it seems you can cook everything on it!

Edit: I thought I read the blackstone was great for traveling, does it fold up or anything for transportation?

I'm getting to be 30 years old. Its time for a little change in how i cook food and eat it as well. In less than 2 days I'm buying one. no question about it. I just wanted to see how versatile this was on the level of changing your cooking/eating habits

That's good to know! I just got my offset smoker, then everyone started bragging about these blackstones. Considering changing the types of food I eat for once. I eat a lot of mac and cheese and fried stuff, on top of take out haha. If i purchase this griddle I do plan on making it my kitchen! I see no reason to cook on anything else unless it was the smoker or the oven it seems you can cook everything on it!

Edit: I thought I read the blackstone was great for traveling, does it fold up or anything for transportation?

I'm getting to be 30 years old. Its time for a little change in how i cook food and eat it as well. In less than 2 days I'm buying one. no question about it. I just wanted to see how versatile this was on the level of changing your cooking/eating habits

Prolly not good from traveling... I have the 36... That sucker is heavy

Prolly not good from traveling... I have the 36... That sucker is heavy

Hmm, really? I was under the impression It folded up nicely for camping and what not. Honestly I haven't seen it folded or anything. Just something I've read else where. I'm going with the 36" I'm sure. Now I have to find a place to get one. seems like ordering online is shady due to shipping. There's not a store here in WV that has them in stock!

Mine came thru shipping had no issues...

Yeah, I'm not that concerned with shipping. Just like everything else there is a small group of people that has issues. cheapest I've found online so far is $269.00 on ebay (selling from target), and amazon. If there's anyone else considering buying one, anyone see it for cheaper online?

Hmm, really? I was under the impression It folded up nicely for camping and what not. Honestly I haven't seen it folded or anything. Just something I've read else where. I'm going with the 36" I'm sure. Now I have to find a place to get one. seems like ordering online is shady due to shipping. There's not a store here in WV that has them in stock!

It does fold up, and you can get a separate "carrying case" for the griddle. The griddle itself weighs in at about 50 lbs, I'm not sure what the rest of it weighs. I'll be taking mine on a camp out in the next couple of weeks, so I'm about to find out how that works.

KC

Just googled it, says that shipping weight for the whole thing is 120 lbs, so you've got the griddle itself at 50 lbs and the base unit must be around 70 lbs, sounds about right to me.

KC

Here's a pic of it folded up ready for travel.

1050-1.jpg

Back